Transmission smooth - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2009, 6:33 pm Thread Starter

Transmission smooth

Well, went for my 6K service and the tech filled the engine/trans with synthetic oil.
My.........what a difference it made. The clunky shifts to 2nd and 3rd are now as smooth as they used to be to 4,5,and 6. If you are annoyed by the clunky 1,2,3 shifting, try it. Worked for me!

Rusty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2009, 8:35 pm
Veteran

I've got syn. Amsoil and I still get "Ka-Klunk" - especially downshifts from 3-2-1. Sometimes I'll just wind it up and skip-shift just to get out of the 1-2-3 range of "Ka-Klunks."

You must'a had something really bad sounding if synthetic improved it. Maybe a sticking clutch plate?

Mack
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2009, 9:50 pm
Rookie

Amsoil

My BMW dealer stopped using BMW oils. The last oil change the dealership used Amsoil which made a huge improvement in the way my 06 GT shifts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2009, 7:59 am Thread Starter

Trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
I've got syn. Amsoil and I still get "Ka-Klunk" - especially downshifts from 3-2-1. Sometimes I'll just wind it up and skip-shift just to get out of the 1-2-3 range of "Ka-Klunks."

You must'a had something really bad sounding if synthetic improved it. Maybe a sticking clutch plate?

Mack
What year is your bike, Mack?? My 06 did not improve with synthetic either. My 08 did.

Rusty
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2009, 10:03 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLAPTRAPPER
What year is your bike, Mack?? My 06 did not improve with synthetic either. My 08 did.

Rusty
It's an '06. Maybe that's the problem with the 1st gen of anything?

At least the local dealer finally got their 1st gen '09 GT to start after a month. Maybe I'll wait to get the 2nd gen version of it, or wait until they clean up the honey pots on the $$$ thing so it won't look like a Connie.

Mack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode