slip-on question - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2009, 10:55 pm Thread Starter

slip-on question

I'm new to the forum and my '06 K1200GT. Just purchased it and I'm looking for a slip-on for a little more sound. Was really close to buying a Two Brothers after hearing one recently, until I was told someone experienced mechanical problems due to the Two Bros. pipe they put on. Anyone know of problems such as this? Unsure how a slip-on like this would cause any real problems , but I have been wrong before. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2009, 11:17 pm
Veteran

for what it's worth.. I've been selling slip-ons for this bike since day one.. Never heard of any issues with any brand... all are plug-n-play.. all install in under 5 minutes...all manufacturers back up their product pretty damn well as best I've seen.

I've seen them all and actually tried 6 different slip-ons on my K1200S.. IMHO.. no matter what you may hear or read.. quality is about the same across the board. I couldn't pick any one brand being better than the others...Specs are so close on all of them that it would be hard to pick a clear performance winner unless you are a Valentino Rossi..

I suggest you choose whatever looks or sounds good to you as you will NOT feel much power difference with ANY of them. My 2 doubloons.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2009, 1:37 am
Addict

+1 what he said.
Thats why I ended up going back to stock. Less vibration, less Advil after an all day ride.

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2009, 9:22 am
Noob

Cool

I have a Two Brothers carbon fiber with power tip. I prefer the sound vs some other brands. The only thing that I have noticed is that it will occasionally 'pop' or back fire when you roll off the gas fast.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2009, 11:58 am
Veteran

There are a whole bunch of audio and video clips of the K1200 series with different pipes on YouTube.

I have to say in most of them you hear more engine "NOISE" than what the pipe sounds like. My onbike experience with sound recording is about as bad as those on YouTube. Makes it hard to figure out which pipe to buy as the audio is so poor and tinny on all of them.

I don't know if it can sound any worse than this though... K1200 engine "Noise" audio

Mack
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2009, 9:45 pm
Noob

[QUOTE=GMack]There are a whole bunch of audio and video clips of the K1200 series with different pipes on YouTube....

Anything that sounds that bad should be hauled off to the deepest part of the ocean and dropped, provided that you have your earplugs in while in transit to the drop zone. Suprising sound effect.. not what I was expecting when I clicked on the site.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2009, 7:01 pm
Addict

I bought a used '06GT with a Two Brothers acn on it. Sounds great.
The bike had 9k on the odometer adn now has 20k. Two week trip last year with no problems, didn't even notice the sound while touring.

As for those that note some mechanical problems.....I' say that picked the most obvious change and blamed that. Any real evidence??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode