Throttle lag - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2009, 7:34 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Throttle lag

I fear this might be a rhetorical question...but has anyone had the annoying throttle lag - that happens coming out of a corner or after you've rolled off the throttle at speed - fixed to your satisfaction?
I have an '07 GT that has had the airbox replaced to fix this problem and I actually think it's worse than before. I love my GT and can deal with this but it is the one thing that "bugs" me about this bike.
Should I just live with it or can someone offer me some hope? I really don't want to waste my time at the dealership if there really isn't a viable fix.

Bruce Hodges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2009, 8:03 pm

Bruce, I have the same symptom. I have an 08 which is lots better than my 06 was, but still there, on occasion. Not every time, and mostly noticeable around 3K, which I believe is amajor map node in the engine management alogrithm. I did all I could do for the 06 airbox two times, latest software, changed o2 sensor, even changed the battery. So, I uped to the 08 which is worlds better out of the crate, but still anoying occasionally.

Seems most have found the speedfrk mod to help, at least so far

Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce2000ltc
I fear this might be a rhetorical question...but has anyone had the annoying throttle lag - that happens coming out of a corner or after you've rolled off the throttle at speed - fixed to your satisfaction?
I have an '07 GT that has had the airbox replaced to fix this problem and I actually think it's worse than before. I love my GT and can deal with this but it is the one thing that "bugs" me about this bike.
Should I just live with it or can someone offer me some hope? I really don't want to waste my time at the dealership if there really isn't a viable fix.

Bruce Hodges
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Strafist

What he said. New O2 sensor and the PowerFrk did it.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Yep my 07 did it before and after replacing the airbox for the dreaded high/stuck idle. On my last service this weekend I asked about it at the dealer and they recommended a software upgrade. Only rode it home, but so far the slow speed throttle is improved and no sign of the throttle lag. It may still come back with more miles, but I'm hopeful.

BrianT

07 K1200GT
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2009, 9:28 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce2000ltc

Bruce Hodges
PCIII with a custom map fixed my 07KS. I already had the new airbox, new ECU (BMSKP) updated software, etc. The dealer could do nothing to fix the bike.

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2009, 12:02 am
Veteran

Mine does the same thing occasionally. But only when I'm being lazy and not keeping the revs up. So short of the new O2 sensor, ride it harder!

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2009, 7:57 am
Enthusiast

Just put the Power FRK on my Tiger 1050, with similiar pause lag around 3k rpm coming out of corner. CURED, runs like a different bike.

Thanks for this tip Grif, still looking for a Grif character on the 1050 forum, but they are like some years behind this forum, heh heh.

12 Super Tenere 1200 (coming soon)
10 MTS1200 standard (riding)
09 Monster 696 (wife's ride)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2009, 2:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT
Yep my 07 did it before and after replacing the airbox for the dreaded high/stuck idle. On my last service this weekend I asked about it at the dealer and they recommended a software upgrade. Only rode it home, but so far the slow speed throttle is improved and no sign of the throttle lag. It may still come back with more miles, but I'm hopeful.
and just to be clear, it didn't matter what my RPM's were. I never let it go below 4k and I've seen it do it at 5k plus.

BrianT

07 K1200GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode