ZTechnik center handlebar mount / Bar Risers? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2009, 11:18 pm Thread Starter
Noob

ZTechnik center handlebar mount / Bar Risers?

Hello Fellows,

Maybe someone can answer this.
I currently have the BMW mount for a Zumo 550 on a 07 GT ; but I cannot use the GPS if I put on a TankBag (Engage).
I would like to buy the ZTecknik center handlebar mount. It mounts on the topside of the handle bar yoke vs. the BMW mounts on the bottom. I believe this would move the GPS forward and higher up and not interfere with the tankbag.
Does anyone have this set-up?
Also, I have Bar risers (Heli-bar) on the bike currently and also a used set of Suburban Machinery bar risers to try.
On Pirates website, it says the Ztechnik mount is not compatable with Bar risers. Why?Just looking at the two bolts that holds the handle bars on that goes through the Helibar riser; they look to be in the original mounting place. So, why would there be any problem?
Am I over looking something or what.
Does anybody have this set-up? Ztechnik center mount with Bar risers?

Pictures would be great !
Thanks

1983 HONDA CX650 TURBO
2007 BMW K1200GT Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2009, 11:44 am
2 heads are better than 1

I have the Techmount you are describing. It will work with the Suburban Machinery bar riser as I used it with them on my 08 GT with no issues. I'll try to find a pic from the 08 showing that and post it. I didn't need them on the 09 due to the taller factory bar. Hee are some pics that show the setup on my 09.

http://www.fetchthecow.com/K1300GT/album/K1300GT.html

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 BMW R1200RT Polar Metallic
2008 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S Red (of course)

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2009, 6:40 pm

I have the Z technic GPS mount and the Suburban Machine bar risers. It's a perfect combo - the risers have a special set of allen screws for the mount - there's enough range of motion to put it in any position. I'm very pleased with both.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode