side bag work - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2009, 11:34 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

side bag work

This morning I went to put my right side bag on and the latch didn't want to close. This has not happened or gave any sign of it happening. I finally got it to latch and worked on it at work. It came apart fairly easy. After removing the inner lining , the inside had a lot of road sand and dirt in it. I took everything apart, cleaned and lubed everything. After the reinstall I went to open the other side and the latch won't pop. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BAGS??????? The other side at least opened so I could take it apart, this one I can't get open.
FWIW, I'm an ex- luxury import tech and teach automotive, so I'm not a dummy around wrenches. Anyone else have these problems with the cases? I have to figure out how to open the case.

Just venting

Mick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2009, 9:12 am
Addict-oholic

Mafe sure the lock is in the open position.push the loxk in and the release lever should pop open. Them open the latch and pull on the cover.Sounds like you have a srap or a piece of material that got caught in the clamshell or the clapms If It is still difficult. Take the bag off the bike and do it in the horizontal position with domeone hold ing the body down. It should oprn , hopefully

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2009, 9:24 am
Enthusiast

I had a problem w/ a circlip backing out of one of the retaining pins for the handle...several of us had the same problem. I think there is a thread about this, although it was likely more than a year ago.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2009, 9:26 am
Enthusiast

Here it is: http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showth...t=circlip+bags

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2009, 6:43 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks guys, the latch that's not working now is the opener. I fixed the lift off latch, I'm going to check out the c-clips. After going in to the bag, I was amazed at how cheap it was built. Oh well, I still love this bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode