Official Canadian K1200GT PRice List - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2005, 10:36 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Official Canadian K1200GT PRice List

OK gang, here it is.

Attached is the official Canadian price list of the G1200GT and all the available options and their codes.

Not shown is any accessoties (among other things, 2 different top boxes).

Orders are being accepted now. As youcan see, the base price is CDN$25,600, and that includes heated grips (the heated seat is extra).

Bob.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	K1200GT Price List.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1017  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2005, 12:32 am

Thanks for the post. Nice to see there isn't much change over the current GT price ($24, 950) http://www.bmw.ca/motorrad/overview/...elName=k1200gt
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2005, 2:39 pm
Addict

Bob, May sound good in $C but if I were thinking of coming up to purchase, it looks like this:

$25,600 bike
$ 2,000 full option package
$ 3,864 GST + PST
-----------
$31,464
x 0.87 Conversion to $US
---------
$27,374

OK, so I may get the GST back ($US 1681) but at $25,693 not many will be scrambling across the border to buy one.

Hope it sells for lots less in the U.S. or they're in trouble. Or maybe they should have started with a lower price due to the strong $C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2005, 10:56 pm
Statmaster

Chris,

The latest rumor on pricing will be the new GT pricing out at exactly $1000 more than the R1200RT. Which also puts it about $1000 less than the LT. Probably right were it should be. A couple dealer websites are predicting a model equipped with the various option packages to range between $19,000 and $21,000. We should find out more after the Dealer Meeting in New York, scheduled for February 2-4, 2006. From what I've heard, they will be specific information on all the new products presented in the breakout sessions. We should know a lot more as the dealer meeting draws closer.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2005, 10:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispat
Bob, May sound good in $C but if I were thinking of coming up to purchase, it looks like this:

$25,600 bike
$ 3,864 GST + PST
-----------
$31,464
x 0.87 Conversion to $US
---------
$27,374

OK, so I may get the GST back ($US 1681) but at $25,693 not many will be scrambling across the border to buy one.

Hope it sells for lots less in the U.S. or they're in trouble. Or maybe they should have started with a lower price due to the strong $C.
I agree with your numbers. I'm not sure I understand the bit about hoping it sells for a lot less in the US. It *should* sell for the exact same in the US after converting to US currency, since we are talking about the same bike, no?

If the bike is $27, 600 Cdn (ignoring taxes) then it should be $23, 788 US at current exchange rates.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2005, 11:55 pm

Quote:

$25,600 bike
$ 3,864 GST + PST
-----------
$31,464
x 0.87 Conversion to $US
---------
$27,374

I agree with your numbers. I'm not sure I understand the bit about hoping it sells for a lot less in the US. It *should* sell for the exact same amount in the US after converting to US currency, since we are talking about the same bike, no?

If the bike is $27, 600 Cdn (ignoring taxes) then it should be $23, 788 US at current exchange rates. If it sells for anything less than that number then Americans are getting a deal relative to Canadians.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2005, 12:23 am
No bogey's twist wrist

Unhappy New GT price is more than List

You know even the quoted figures would be a deal if there was a BMW dealer in every major city. As our Harley bretheren is witness the value of the bike is beyond the engineering and encompasses the support network, aftermarket and oem. When your product can be maintained with a minimum of support equipment and technical know how it is accepted by more of the general populace. With seemingly more and more US dealers closing the doors your stuck with a product that gets harder and harder to support. With higher complexity of the machine becomes fewer user replaceable, customizable, serviceable items. Perhaps the original BMW could be field repaired with the included tool kit and common items scrounged from existing car lines. It seems they are fast on their way to becoming an exclusive, exotic on the US market beyond the reach of the common middle class. And the advent of some of the new whizbang features requiring specialized equipment that the smaller volume sales of the bikes makes hard to support. The R1200 I had and the KGT I have are user-servicable I am a mechanic by trade and willing to tackle most anything that has moving parts. But the newest offerings seem to demand a dealer network and/or larger pocketbook to support of which I have neither.

If it's got curves ride it.
life member NRA, GOA and Tennessee Firearms Owners Association.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2005, 12:25 am
Addict

Yes, but... No one is going to spend that much ($US 25,693 out-the-door) in the states. It's just too much. And yes, they will be getting quite a deal, just as they do relative to Europeans, So. Africans, Asians, Aussies and Kiwis ... The weak US dollar hasn't really hit us yet, but it will eventually.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2005, 1:59 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes, but... No one is going to spend that much ($US 25,693 out-the-door) in the states. It's just too much. And yes, they will be getting quite a deal, just as they do relative to Europeans, So. Africans, Asians, Aussies and Kiwis ... The weak US dollar hasn't really hit us yet, but it will eventually.
All this is sheer conjecture.

Seems to me that if I can walk in off the street (as I did last Saturday) and get the price list I posted, from a Canadian dealer, then one of you living in the US should be able to do the same thing there and get the real numbers in US bucks. After all, the US market is a lot more important to BMW than the tiny Canadian market, so I'd have expected BMW US would already be at least as ready to roll as BMW Canada is.

Bob.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode