Piece of advice - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2009, 10:03 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Piece of advice

So I had drill this weekend, and decided that 35f weather was too cold to ride the bike. So I left it parked outside covered in my apartment complex. Usually I park it in a friends garage if I am going to be gone for a couple of days.....Anyways Mother nature decided to present 50mph wind gusts while I was gone, and knock the bike over from the center stand to the left side. Good thing I had my thick Nelson Rigg cover and saddlebags otherwise It would have been scratched far worse. So my pristine Gt is now beyond buffing repair,and I am pissed.

The worse part is it sat in the down position for about 10hrs until I got the message from my girlfriend...

So my lesson was:

Always ride it to drill (weather was great btw)

or park it your bike in the garage when you're gonna be gone

Pictures will be posted....Soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2009, 10:24 pm
Veteran

Least it fell on the cheaper side.

Right side may add an extra $1600 for a muffler, more expensive fairing (glovebox addition), and cut or seal off the hydraulic clutch line too. Been over that side twice now.

Mack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode