Farkle observations - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2009, 5:32 pm Thread Starter

Farkle observations

As I am stuck inside this weekend with a bad cold I have had some time to think about the changes I have made to my bike and i thought i would post my observations here.

Tires:
I had Metzler z6 on the bike and loved the way they handled. The front always started cupping too soon and I never got more than 4- 6,000 miles and the last thousand sucked because of the noise they made in the corners when cupped. So this time I put on the pilot road 2 and I like them so far. Still undecided. They seem to require more steering input and make the bike feel less sporty, but not a lot. I do not have a lot of miles on them yet so I may end up with more happy miles in the end.

Windshield:
I changed from the factory one to an Aeroflow tall. LOVED it. Totally quite etc etc. However it was just a hair too tall and was slightly annoying. I am obsessive and eventually I changed it for the regular height and sold the tall one to my 6'5" friend (I am only 6'1") for $100 cause he is my friend. Then I rode with the new one for a while and decided that while it is still way better than stock the tall one is right for me and so I ordered a another tall one. In my opinion the tall one is light years above the regular one. I thought that since I did not ever put the tall one all the way up I would be fine with the regular height one. No so, wind does funny things and I was shocked how different the feel was for me.

Deer whistles:
Ok, maybe they don't work but I figure if I am laying on the ground after hitting a deer I do not want to say to myself "this may have been avoided if you were not too cheap to spend $6"..... so on they went. I will say the GT has a way kicking them off, this is an ongoing struggle. I am thinking speed MAY be a factor occasionally.

Seat:
I sit pretty close tot he tank and I am starting to feel the bars under the cushion so I am looking for advice here. I have the heated seat so I know this will not be cheap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2009, 12:06 pm
Rookie

You got any Turkey whistles in the bag? Biker just got seriosly injured in N.H. by a Turkey last week. Saw a lot of them this weekend on rt 2. Keep ypur eyes peeled.
P
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2009, 4:40 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitefield
You got any Turkey whistles in the bag? Biker just got seriosly injured in N.H. by a Turkey last week. Saw a lot of them this weekend on rt 2. Keep ypur eyes peeled.
P
They are all over the place here it is getting scary. A few of my friends have had to duck to miss them. They are like turkey vultures at the dump!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2009, 10:55 pm
Addict-oholic

And their poop is really shitty especailly when they hit you straight on....

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode