Originally Posted by NJ_Bob
I just got my 1300GT
A couple of options here:
1) there is a power feeder outlet on the 08 anyway that is taped to the front of the steerer tube on the front end. this takes a BMW part that i picked up tonight to plug into. There are 3 wires, a ground, a always on power and one fed through the CanBus, more info:
Aux power 1
2) Search for Centech AP-1 fuse panel. Fits very nicley on top of the battery under the front cover. I velcro'd mine to the top of it and also have a relay attached to it to be a switched power unit. this allows for 8 connections, up to a total of 60 Amps. These can be picked up in numberouse places, I tapped into the front running lights for the power tickler source. Check this picture
for an example.
GPS: good link
there are a couple of ways to mount it many options:
1) I got my mount from the BMW dealer that mounts to the top of the handle bar stem. it was $25 dollars. P/N 71 60 7 676 868
2) RAM: Check this link that i found for a view of this i found here
3) Gadget Guy good quality stuff i have one of his mounts on my RT. GadgetGuy
A lot of good info here its just a matter of disseminating all of it.
Enjoy and be safe!