EZ-Pass Holder for 2008 K12GT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2009, 11:59 am Thread Starter
Noob

EZ-Pass Holder for 2008 K12GT

Has anybody found a good mounting system for a FastLane or EZ-Pass transponder on their K12GT? My left mirror hole is taken with a ZTechnik mount for my radar detector. As I understand it, the toll transponders must be vertical to work properly. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Ride safe!
Peter

Peter Fiedler
Boxford, MA

Adventurin Silver
2008 K1200GT
White
2009 R1200GS

Last edited by pfiedler; Jun 10th, 2009 at 12:00 pm. Reason: Spelling!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfiedler
Has anybody found a good mounting system for a FastLane or EZ-Pass transponder on their K12GT? My left mirror hole is taken with a ZTechnik mount for my radar detector. As I understand it, the toll transponders must be vertical to work properly. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Ride safe!
Peter
I just called EZ Pass, and ordered a new one, since mine almost never works in the tank bag. It worked OK in the tank bag on my RT. I was wondering if the signal for the EWS was effecting it, or the cell phone, or the bluetooth connection to the Zumo, and helmet. Plenty of radio waves bouncing around.

MOA Member #106320
2003 R1150RT Titan Silver
2008 K1200GT Dark Graphite
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2009, 2:09 pm
2 heads are better than 1

The left breast pocket on my riding jacket has worked fine for mine on multiple bridges around the SF Bay Area.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 BMW R1200RT Polar Metallic
2008 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S Red (of course)

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2009, 2:27 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
The left breast pocket on my riding jacket has worked fine for mine on multiple bridges around the SF Bay Area.
That sounds like a plan

MOA Member #106320
2003 R1150RT Titan Silver
2008 K1200GT Dark Graphite
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2009, 3:41 pm
Addict-oholic

I have a plastic holder with a suction cup. I place it on the lower left corner of the windshield, as E-Z Pass workers say this is the best spot. Never a problem..

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2009, 5:32 pm
Noob

EZ Pass on KGT

When I ordered my EZ Pass I received two types. one small white one intended for vehicle use and a 'large" black one intended for motorcycle use.

I have mine mounted on top of my battery, secured with velcro & two sided tape then hidden underneath the fiberglass battery cover. It works just fine at the toll booths and the USA-CAN bridges at Ft Erie/Buffalo & Lewiston that I have crossed so far.

Note: other friends of mine who similarly ordered their transponders simply received two of the "smaller" auto windshield style ones. Those didn't work when simply contained in a soft saddle bag!

If yours doesn't work buried under the fairings as mine does, you might want to try requesting the MC specific one.

regards
Bob
2008 KGT
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2009, 5:42 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008-K1200GT
That sounds like a plan
I was told by the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority folks (the keepers of the FastLane) that putting the transponder in my jacket pocket was the best bet. I did that, but going through the tolls into New Hampshire just over the MA border, nothing happened. No sensing of me or my transponder. No lights...no buzzers..nothing! In fact I found that if you stay WAY to the right in the transponder lanes, the system doesn't even know that you're there! The next time I went through, some little guy jumped out of the booth and stared at me but, thanks to the K, I was a quickly disappearing spec of Adventurin Silver for him! I'd rather remain legit for obvious reasons however!!

Peter Fiedler
Boxford, MA

Adventurin Silver
2008 K1200GT
White
2009 R1200GS
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2009, 6:17 pm
Noob

i mounted mine under the black plastic above the instrument panel. have never had a problem with it reading and it is almost totally hidden
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2009, 6:40 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmanchester
i mounted mine under the black plastic above the instrument panel. have never had a problem with it reading and it is almost totally hidden
+1 on that location. In fact I was looking at that small black plastic wind splitter and realized I could attach the toll pass with the standard supplied "velcro" and then replace the splitter and it holds the toll pass secure and jsut showing a little white so I can see it hasn't 'disappeared'. Works great there and is less visible than stuck to my previous Aeroflow windshield.

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2009, 8:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrick
+1 on that location. In fact I was looking at that small black plastic wind splitter and realized I could attach the toll pass with the standard supplied "velcro" and then replace the splitter and it holds the toll pass secure and jsut showing a little white so I can see it hasn't 'disappeared'. Works great there and is less visible than stuck to my previous Aeroflow windshield.
+1 here, too. I've had my iPass (Illinois) in this location for 3 years without a problem. I covered it with black Gorilla tape to make it less noticeable.

Bud
2006 K1200GT - Graphite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode