2009 1300 GT Purchase Question? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2009, 9:08 pm Thread Starter

2009 1300 GT Purchase Question?

I was talking with a large BMW dealer today and they informed me that the 2010 1300 GTs should be out in September.

I really don't expect there to be any changes.

Since I won't be purchasing my 1300 GT until I get back from family vacation to Europe (end of July), I am wondering if I should wait and extra month and see if the 2009's go on sale for several thousand off!!!??

Is this a reasonable assumption or should I not expect any discounts and just purchase my bike at the end of August?

Best Regards,

Shane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2009, 10:54 pm
Veteran

Personally, and after talking to a BMW bike mechanic who's worked on them for 25 years, I'd hold off buying until the 2010 model shows just to let them further debug it. Oh, and check the build date too. A month or two past the initial run of 2010 units can't hurt and possibly it might help.

Especially in CA where if you should need warranty work you are constantly sent to the back of the line while the red-carpet treatment of the CHP patrol bikes takes precedence over-and-over again. Sort of pointless to make a scheduled appointment weeks out, then deliver it or tow it in on said date, then getting the CHP Bounce-It-Back treatment for another week or two, and then another week to get parts when they finally get around to it, and another week or two to get them to fix it....hopefully....maybe.

Of course, my Not that I know anything of this first hand, nor did I experience any of this treatment yet again today, nor do I have a running GT.

Mack
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2009, 10:59 pm
Rookie

If I were in your shoes, I would check the inventory at the end of July to see what kind of selection of '09's are available, and play it by ear. If there are plenty to choose from in a color you want, there's probably no downside to waiting. Otherwise, you might have to decide in July whether you want an 09 or an 2010 model. It is possible they will all be gone by the end of August, especially as these are not normal economic times, and manufacturers are being very careful about inventories. 2010 colors are likely to be different.

Also, the prices are not likely to drop as much as they did on the 2008's, assuming the model changes are minimal. On the other hand, if they do add/fix something significant, you might be glad you waited.

2009 K1300GT (Red) :
-----------------------------------
2002 R1150R (Sold)
1997 Honda VFR 750 (Sold)
1997 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (Totalled)
1995 Honda ST1100 (Sold)
1980 Honda GL1100 (Sold)
1983 Yamaha XV920 (Sold)
1979 Honda CX500 (Sold)
1980 Yamaha XS400 Special II (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 2009, 9:17 am
Veteran

I'd be MORE curious if there were any left-over 08's around.........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode