Need help with GS911 Data (Knock sensor Real time reading) - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 2:38 am Thread Starter
Addict

Need help with GS911 Data (Knock sensor Real time reading)

Hello all,

I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while, but I have been riding a lot! the problem is I haven't been on the GT as much as I'd like and even had to take the old RT to Alaska!

With all the noise that caused it to be towed (from the last post,) I got it back from the dealer and it wasn't any better! They even heard the noise but didn't think they should fix it! WTF?!?!?!?!?!? Off to Utah and a new issue came up!

Anyway, I need someone with a GS 911 that can give me data on ONE of the latest issues I've had. I now get an engine symbol and my GS 911 says I have a knock sensor going bad. The problem is I don't know which one!

For real time values I have around 2.5-3 for sensor 1 and 7.5-10 for #2. I've reset the faults and at some point will know which is bad, but I need the data off a "good" bike. I'm not convinced the issue isn't all the racket from the clutch basket, but want the data from another bike.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

By the way, the latest issue is probably a head gasket, since it is now using coolant and I can't find any leaks! That's another story to be told later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 10:46 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeniciaRT
Hello all,

I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while, but I have been riding a lot! the problem is I haven't been on the GT as much as I'd like and even had to take the old RT to Alaska!

With all the noise that caused it to be towed (from the last post,) I got it back from the dealer and it wasn't any better! They even heard the noise but didn't think they should fix it! WTF?!?!?!?!?!? Off to Utah and a new issue came up!

Anyway, I need someone with a GS 911 that can give me data on ONE of the latest issues I've had. I now get an engine symbol and my GS 911 says I have a knock sensor going bad. The problem is I don't know which one!

For real time values I have around 2.5-3 for sensor 1 and 7.5-10 for #2. I've reset the faults and at some point will know which is bad, but I need the data off a "good" bike. I'm not convinced the issue isn't all the racket from the clutch basket, but want the data from another bike.

By the way, the latest issue is probably a head gasket, since it is now using coolant and I can't find any leaks! That's another story to be told later!
You want me to stop by?

2008 R 1200 GS ADV
2007 K 1200 GT Graphite
98 HD Sportster 1200C [Sold] (Mistake)
Various dirt bikes in my youth.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 12:07 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazard
You want me to stop by?

Emailed you my log in CSV format. LEt me know if you need anything else.

2008 R 1200 GS ADV
2007 K 1200 GT Graphite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 12:57 pm

GS-911 Contacts

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Maybe the help you got is enough, but you could also go to the GS-911 web site, join the forum, or e-mail Steven with your questions about interpreting the log data you have. He seems to know quite a bit about the electronics.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 1:46 pm
Addict

At idle my sensor 1 is like your sensor 1. My sensor 2 is much lower 2 - 3.75. When I reved it, 5k, my sensor 2 jumped up as high as 13.4.

I dunno does this help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeniciaRT
Hello all,

2008 R 1200 GS ADV
2007 K 1200 GT Graphite
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 2:45 pm
Enthusiast

Hey Richard.....dang, you have had your fair share of problems, eh? I will be back from the coast on Sunday afternoon and will log the readings and send them to you; asuuming you do not get an answer before then.

Happy 4th!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 4:49 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazard
At idle my sensor 1 is like your sensor 1. My sensor 2 is much lower 2 - 3.75. When I reved it, 5k, my sensor 2 jumped up as high as 13.4.

I dunno does this help?
That is the data I'm looking for! I think my sensor 2 is bad, but since it showed both had faulted I wasn't sure.

I'm also wondering if all the mechanical noise from one of the other issues is making the sensor go crazy...

If I get a few more I guess that will help confirm the sensor. they are only $40, but my Reprom has nothing on them, and the parts fiche doesn't show where they are even!

I'll try to keep playing with it.

Yikes this bike is killing me!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 4:50 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandera
Hey Richard.....dang, you have had your fair share of problems, eh? I will be back from the coast on Sunday afternoon and will log the readings and send them to you; asuuming you do not get an answer before then.

Happy 4th!
thanks Bandera, that will help I think.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode