San Jose Motorcycle Show - Dean, Your Up! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2005, 10:39 pm Thread Starter

San Jose Motorcycle Show - Dean, Your Up!

Well, the Long Beach thread seems to have run out of steam finally, after more than 70 posts.

So, Dean and all you guys going to the San Jose Show this weekend; how about a report and a few pictures from this show. It will be interesting to see if any new information can be relayed to this board. The new dimension here will the sponsorship of the San Jose BMW dealership at the event. Maybe something interesting can be passed along from their perspective.

Thanks in advance.

Miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2005, 11:09 pm

Red face San Jose Show

Can any one please relay info on this show. I want to attend and need more info like location directions cost and so on.

Thanks, fletch

2004 KZEBRA (SOLD)
2004 K1200GT
1993 K1100LT (FOR SALE)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2005, 12:12 am
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2005, 12:39 am

Thumbs up Motorcycle Show Info.

I got the info.

Thanks Steve.

Fletch

2004 KZEBRA (SOLD)
2004 K1200GT
1993 K1100LT (FOR SALE)
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2005, 11:01 pm
Looking for better limits...

Well...
The bike looks better in real-time than in the pictures. What is funny, though, is the little attraction value it had during the time I was there (Friday and Sunday evenings). Never more than three people hanging around it. Both days I just walked up to it, sat on it (made those little vroom-vroom noises...little kids must've thought Santa was nuts). The R1200GS Adventure had a bit more traffic, but not a lot of folks looking at either those two or the HP2. Some folks seemed to have the attention of the BMW reps, but for the most part, the BMW folks were half in the background. So, it wasn't that interested folks were being run off or anything.

Sat on it, it's obviously lighter than my '03 GT, and the bars come up further toward the rider than my non-adjustable ones. No tool available to adjust it, but probably not meant to be adjusted at the show (dumb...) Bags never came off, even after a "suggestive query" to see what the bike looked like without the bags. "Looks just as good as it does now". Oh...

The one on display didn't have a heated seat switch, so I checked the option list and it's listed there. Have to order that if you want the warm tush. Feels just as well balanced as the first version. Even noted that the "K1200GT" emblem is the same one. But, as nice as it is, and the headlights are treacherous, even when off, it doesn't have the better style that the older one has. The fairing looks too "add-on" to me. Angular, yes, but not as bad as the pictures. Good anchor points on the tank, too, so I imagine they (BMW) figured that it'd be chasing sweepers like it's predecessor, albeit with a bit more power available. No one knew if the rear gearing was that of the "S" or the "R", which is kind of disappointing. You'd think the BMW reps would know. But, then, one of the prettier ones signed me up for a demo ride...even though they didn't have any BMW demo rides this year in San Jose. And, yes, I asked specifically if they were having rides there at the show. The only ones with demo rides were Buell and Star (a separate division of Yamaha). I signed up for a HP2 demo and, naturally, the GT. I'll wait for an email to see which dealer I'm going to have to go to for my demo.

Didn't go there with the idea of "If I like it, I'll buy one", but more curious than anything else. Reminds me of the K75RT I had. Don't see any way it's going to directly replace the LT, though. It'll be interesting to see how they fit the new motor into the LT...if they do go to the new motor.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2005, 11:02 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Miller
Well, the Long Beach thread seems to have run out of steam finally, after more than 70 posts.

So, Dean and all you guys going to the San Jose Show this weekend; how about a report and a few pictures from this show. It will be interesting to see if any new information can be relayed to this board. The new dimension here will the sponsorship of the San Jose BMW dealership at the event. Maybe something interesting can be passed along from their perspective.

Thanks in advance.

Miles
Dean was there, got to meet him finally. Probably be a day or so before he gets pictures (and comments) posted as he's working with San Jose BMW for the show. Good people there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2005, 11:47 pm

I posted some pics from the San Jose IMS here:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...84#post2299584

I'd integrate these into a post here, but this site resizes images down to 720 pixels and distorts them.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2005, 10:45 am
Statmaster

Here is a repost of your picture with the software resizing it to 720. What distortion do you see?

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2005, 11:51 am

Perhaps different computers display the resized images differently, but the first picture shown here is a 720 pixel resize I did myself, the second one is what I see on my screen from the forum's resizing. Don't tell me you can't see the difference! Why is it necessary to resize below, say 800 pixels, a common image size? Why not allow more, anyway?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001_Rossi_bike720.jpg
Views:	835
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1100   Click image for larger version

Name:	distorted_resize.jpg
Views:	833
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1101  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2005, 12:04 pm
Statmaster

Your original picture (resized by the forum)

The picture you resized to 720 yourself

The picture you showed with the disortion

The one that the forum software resized shows very smooth lines (just as the original did). Just look at the stripes in the top picture versus the lower picture. The upper picture shows the diagonal black stripe as very smooth. The middle picture from my end looks identical to the upper picture. The lower picture shows the diagonal black stripe as "bumpy". Our software does not do an actual resize using compression, it just uses the HTML width tags.

I can up the size to 800, it was originally 640 (a common standard for the largest acceptible inline display of images on websites). I upped it to 720 to accomodate another request. If you think it will help, we can up it to 800.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode