Powerlet adapter - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 5:12 pm Thread Starter

Powerlet adapter

Getting ready for a 4500 mile road trip week after next.

Can anyone help me with which Powerlet adapter kit that I need to install in the spare spot (next to the CanBUS stock outlet) on the left side of the bike? I'd like to go with an inline fused version, straight to the battery, to keep it simple and make charging easier. I've searched for "Powerlet" on the NextGen forum without much luck but it seems like I've seen the info somewhere here in the past.

I think that this is it but I'm not quite sure and have waited too late to order the wrong thing.

http://www.powerletproducts.com/shop...36-harness/158

Can I get this from BMW part or do I purchase it directly from Powerletproducts.com?

Thanks so much in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 5:35 pm
Addict

You want this if you have a GT get the 36inch cable, and outlet from BMW

http://www.pashnit.com/product/power...et.html#pkt067

MOA Member #106320
2003 R1150RT Titan Silver
2008 K1200GT Dark Graphite
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 2009, 1:10 pm

The Powerlet part in your link (PKT-042-36) is the correct part. I contacted Powerlet directly when I was planning to install this on my 2008, and they verified it. I installed the kit without a problem.

No doubt the Pashnit setup in a 36 inch length would work as well.

If you want to do the job "right", I would remove the gas tank and run the wiring along with the stock harness. It is a bit more work, but I wanted it to look as "factory" as possible.

If you ever have any questions, contact the Powerlet folks directly. They are a wealth of information and very helpful. I just had them make a custom-length cable for me, and they didn't even charge me any more than the "off the shelf" lengths... Recommended!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode