Texas Dealer Recommendations? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2009, 9:22 pm Thread Starter

Texas Dealer Recommendations?

I am plotting and scheming to finally bite the bullet and buy either a GT or an RT. Will drive both before deciding, but I am still probably 4 months out before purchase.

There is no dealer close by, so I have the advantage of being able to choose where I go for service. The most convenient is Alamo BMW in Boerne (San Antonio). It is the shortest drive, but Lone Star in Austin is possible, as is Ft. Worth, and if going to Ft. Worth, Dallas isn't THAT much further...

I don't know a soul that has a BMW, so I am asking if any of you have a preference based upon their integrity and service records.

Thanks!
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2009, 9:36 pm

I faced this same situation 3 weeks ago!

To be honest, Alamo BMW, Lonestar BMW, and Wild West BMW (Houston) were all very easy to talk with. The real situation will be finding who has a bike that you WANT!

I wound up going to Wild West BMW because they had a bike I wanted - they make me a real good deal and gave me a very acceptable trade-in for my 2006 FJR1300 AE!

Best regards,

Shane
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2009, 9:38 pm
Strafist

You'll be wanting to go to Lonestar. Buy the bike wherever you want, but Lonestar, hands down, has the best service department.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2009, 9:44 pm
Rookie

If you're going to wait that long, you are probably going to get a 2010 model which no dealers have yet. My dealer (North Dallas - Plano) is nearly out of bikes for 2009. I haven't been there in two weeks, but they only had one of each of the main models left in stock on the floor plus the red K1300GT demo unit that they can't sell until they put a certain number of miles on it (or so I was told).

Bob Naumann
K1300GT
IBA 19100
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2009, 9:59 pm
Enthusiast

Do not go to Oklahoma City BMW

My limited buying of anything from the oklahoma city BMW dealer was very bad , and I will never buy anything from that dealer again, I will go back to a jap bike before buying anything from that one.IF YOU GIVE HIM A CHANCE HE WILL SCREW YOU ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. joesflashdog

Last edited by joesflashdog; Jul 24th, 2009 at 10:11 pm. Reason: SPELLING
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2009, 10:04 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
You'll be wanting to go to Lonestar. Buy the bike wherever you want, but Lonestar, hands down, has the best service department.
Well that ain't saying much for the competition then......

Sorry...got to cry BS here. Lonestar has now TWICE been too busy with anywhere from a week to two weeks notice to do tires and an oil change while I've been on the road 2500 miles from home. And no I didn't buy the bike from them. But it shouldn't matter.

Call it a pet peeve but when I purchase a BMW I expect at least a minimum amount of service for tires and oil while traveling. Especially with a bit of planning and notice. Used to be that a guy could ride across the country and pull into a dealership and have no problem getting tires and lube. No more. Way too many dealers over the last decade or so have gotten away from what used to be routine with a BMW dealership. And I'm more than happy to cry foul from these less than adequately preforming dealers.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2009, 10:14 pm Thread Starter

Thanks

OK, so no Oklahoma! it is too far anyway for this west Texas boy.

Thanks for the recommendations. As much as I hate driving in Austin, I can manage if it is good service...

Yes, I think I might be able to hold out for a 2010 model, but a candy red GT left over from 2009 is still in my sights...

See 'ya,
john
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2009, 11:16 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
If that's so then (given my experiences) it's also scary.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2009, 1:06 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_W
....Call it a pet peeve but when I purchase a BMW I expect at least a minimum amount of service for tires and oil while traveling. Especially with a bit of planning and notice. Used to be that a guy could ride across the country and pull into a dealership and have no problem getting tires and lube. No more. Way too many dealers over the last decade or so have gotten away from what used to be routine with a BMW dealership. And I'm more than happy to cry foul from these less than adequately preforming dealers.
Don't stop in Bakersfield, CA. The dealer there will put a CA CHP bike ahead of yours for a month. Some silly never-ending priority thing of theirs.

Seems they were punished for their transgressions last week. Somehow the bushes along the freeway behind their place caught fire mid-day (cigarette?) and did $1 million in damages to their roof and inner stuff for sale. Don't know if they are going to have a "fire sale." Might be worth looking into as in "This Santiago BMW suit smells funny. I'll give you $10 for it."

If my bike had been in their fenced storage area that also caught fire, I might be looking at a new bike. Too bad it escaped 3 weeks ago after a month of being there. Nuts! Missed it by only that much.

Link to news article.

I drove by there this AM to see the mess and they have all the stuff out in the parking lot - and a lot of it! It's all guarded by some fat security lady in a blue suit. If you can outrun her.... The CA CHP office is across the street though.

Mack
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2009, 5:10 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
Don't stop in Bakersfield, CA. The dealer there will put a CA CHP bike ahead of yours for a month. Some silly never-ending priority thing of theirs.

Seems they were punished for their transgressions last week. Somehow the bushes along the freeway behind their place caught fire mid-day (cigarette?) and did $1 million in damages to their roof and inner stuff for sale. Don't know if they are going to have a "fire sale." Might be worth looking into as in "This Santiago BMW suit smells funny. I'll give you $10 for it."

If my bike had been in their fenced storage area that also caught fire, I might be looking at a new bike. Too bad it escaped 3 weeks ago after a month of being there. Nuts! Missed it by only that much.

Link to news article.

I drove by there this AM to see the mess and they have all the stuff out in the parking lot - and a lot of it! It's all guarded by some fat security lady in a blue suit. If you can outrun her.... The CA CHP office is across the street though.

Mack
I'll definitely stay away from them! ...Although they might have a Fire Red GT? :

See 'ya,
John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode