No Ohlins for the KGT? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2009, 3:18 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

No Ohlins for the KGT?

I just found out from Dan Kyle of Kyle racing, that Ohlins does not make shocks for the K1200GT and I guess there are not plans to in the future.

Two questions:

1. Does anyone have any insight to why Ohlins is not spec'ing shocks for the KGT?

2. Are there other manufacturers, of Ohlins caliber, that make shocks for the KGT and who are they?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2009, 4:02 pm
Addict

Wow, I was all ready to call you wrong but sure enough... can't find any late-model K-GT application listed in their catalog...

Wilbers and Works Performance seem to have '06 and later K-GT applications, and as I think you are aware Works Performance can also do an ESA retrofit (your ESA hardware grafted onto their shocks) if you want to retain ESA functionality.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2009, 5:22 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Thanks Seth--I've owned a set of Works before and while they proved to be good performers, the hassel of sending them back 2x to have Works get them right and correct an error or two was an experience I'd prefer to avoid.

And I have not heard great things---of late, about Wilbers quality.

I am very disappointed Ohlins is not an option. It appears all the K models are covered by Ohlins with the exception of the GT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2009, 6:09 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandera
-I've owned a set of Works before and while they proved to be good performers, the hassel of sending them back 2x to have Works get them right and correct an error or two was an experience I'd prefer to avoid..
Ya, I hear you, especially after you look at what's involved in getting the shocks in and out of a GT...

I was also planning to go with the Ohlins but I guess that's not in the cards. My personal second choice would be to do the Works ESA replacemrent and be very specific about what I wanted and then hound them to be sure that's what gets shipped... and then hope for the best. I had them do some valving adjustments a few years ago and made a point to be very clear about what I wanted and it ended up working out OK (got what I wanted on the first try), FWIW.

If you want to spend the money Penske might have something.

Last edited by smiller; Aug 19th, 2009 at 6:19 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode