KonTour Seat FREE pillion deal - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2009, 12:22 pm Thread Starter
What, we're out of glue??

Exclamation KonTour Seat FREE pillion deal

This offer is available ONLY to registered K-Bikes.com Forum members, we are a Registered Vendor on this Forum and have supported it for years.

Everyone loves a bargain - and in celebration of our 5th year in business we're offering the best deal we've EVER offered on our remarkable air cooled seats. AND - you won't need to wait for a group buy and "sometime" this winter to get your seats back!

Regular price for the GT, RT and GS driver rebuilt to full KonTour Specification is $475.00.

The pillion re-cover is $200.00.

For the next 25 orders we are offering a FREE re-cover of the pillion with our waterproofing/heat rejecting barrier and Polar Mesh. Seats must be ordered and paid for in full with PayPal or by personal check enclosed with your seats in order to qualify for the discount. For riders over 225 lbs. we recommend our MAGNUM specification which includes composite "wings" to increase the over all width of the rear of the seat by 3" for greater load bearing support. Add $100.00 for each MAGNUM specification seat.

Turn around time once in our shop is 2 -3 days with a production date, we are currently scheduling for September 15 to October 15. Orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis once payment is received and limited to 25 maximum. Scheduling your production date at a later time is OK. We need your intact OEM seats to work with, we will not work on any seats that have been previously modified. No problem retaining OEM heat functions. This offer not valid for ride-ins.

The optional BakUp back rest is available in three different configurations. As it comes from the factory in all black vinyl at $385.00. With the face recovered in our barrier fabric and Polar Mesh, $535.00. Built to KonTour Specification with Polar Mesh, barrier and dual density 3M visco elastic foam, $635.00. This configuration is best if you like lots of pressure on your lower back to force you to sit more upright. The visco will mold to your spine without creating hot spots. While it takes some getting used to, I personally like this configuration since it dramatically reduces neck and shoulder fatigue.

Please note that our seats do not require an additional rain cover that others charge up to $40.00 for each seat. The aluminized one piece polyethylene barrier fabric located directly underneath Polar Mesh waterproofs the foam. It is glued in place, there are no needle holes or seams to allow water to penetrate. Polar Mesh is 100% hydrophobic, it cannot wet.

We accept Pay Pal at [email protected] (where you can use a credit card if you prefer) or personal checks for the full amount. We charge a flat rate of $35.00 to return your seats anywhere in the CONUS. Ordering and shipping details are located here:

http://kontourseat.com/_wsn/page6.html

http://kontourseat.com/_wsn/page7.html

This offer will expire once we reach our 25 order limit! so place your order now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Polar Mesh GT.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	10945   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0635.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	10946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2975.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	10947   Click image for larger version

Name:	mesh.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	10948  

www.KontourSeat.com - "Like Buttah"

Last edited by RonKMiller; Sep 5th, 2009 at 12:57 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2009, 7:31 pm
Rookie

I just had my seats done by KonTour and am two days into a nine day ride in order to put it to the test; review will follow. For the moment, I will say that the seat is definitely more comfortable than stock. I will also throw in there that the pic doesn't do the seat justice; it looks much nicer up close than it does in the pics above.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2009, 10:24 pm
Addict

Yes, but can you make yours look like a tractor seat?

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 2009, 7:03 pm
Noob

I have over two years on a Kontour re-build for my '07 GT. The highest compliment I can give it is that I rarely think about. I'm typically going 2-3 hours between stops and don't notice that I'm sitting on anything. It's quite comfy as it conforms to your body. I have the older kind of cover material that he used, and it's been bullet-proof, so I can only imagine that the newer stuff is even better. If or when I replace my bike, I'll be asking Ron to do another one for me. It's a quality product, worth the price in my opinion.

Edit: forgot to mention: I have just over 20k miles on the seat.

Rob
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2009, 1:08 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetz
I have over two years on a Kontour re-build for my '07 GT. The highest compliment I can give it is that I rarely think about. I'm typically going 2-3 hours between stops and don't notice that I'm sitting on anything. It's quite comfy as it conforms to your body. I have the older kind of cover material that he used, and it's been bullet-proof, so I can only imagine that the newer stuff is even better. If or when I replace my bike, I'll be asking Ron to do another one for me. It's a quality product, worth the price in my opinion.

Edit: forgot to mention: I have just over 20k miles on the seat.
Many thanks for the nice compliments Bob - we'll be here for your next order and have more innovations in the works...

While www.Alcantara.com was an excellent choice and light years ahead of leather or vinyl Polar Mesh is mo' bettah!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2009, 1:20 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrick
Yes, but can you make yours look like a tractor seat?
Hmmm... I think we're more aligned (pun intended and hot babe optional) with James Kirk's ride from Star Trek than Oliver's from Green Acres...

I really DID like the campy 70's, but is IS time to move on.

(although Eva Gabor would do in a pinch)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	star_trek_captains_chair.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	10979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oliver.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	10980   Click image for larger version

Name:	eva.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	10981  

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 2009, 11:16 am Thread Starter

I just had an excellent question regarding our seats getting wet from rain or washing.

Our old material - Alcantara - which was discontinued 2 years ago would "wet" and take quite a while to dry out after a rain storm.

Our new material - Polar Mesh - cannot wet. It is 100% hydrophobic. It's almost identical to the blue rope you see used for marine use - of course it is black and the individual filaments are tiny. Polar Mesh is a knitted fabric.

Water drains completely through, onto the aluminized polyethylene barrier fabric and off the seat. Since our barrier fabric is glued in place in one piece there are no needle holes or seams to allow water to soak the foam - a common problem with all other seats, unless you use their optional rain covers.

You don't need a rain cover with our seats since it is built in!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	flow-thru.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	10990   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2992.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	10991   Click image for larger version

Name:	KonTour construction 007.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	10992  

Last edited by RonKMiller; Sep 12th, 2009 at 11:23 am.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2009, 10:10 pm
Let's Ride

Ron you really do make a great seat, I wish they were standard issue on BMW's. I learned about your seat from this site. I was attracted to your seat because it was sportier than most. Than after reading your web site I was impressed with the material you were using. I hadn't heard much about your company compared to other seat manufactures, but I took a chance and sent in my seat pan. This was my best farkle I've added to my '06 GT. I've done many 1k's and two 1.5k's in 24 hrs. Your seat made my adventures tolerable for my old buns. Thank You!

But, now you introduced a new fabric that doesn't retain water! Darn you, Darn BMW for making improvements to the GT. How do I sell these upgrades at home?

2006 K1200GT
2009 G450X
2004 KTM525 SX
199? Dune Buggie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode