Seat - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2009, 10:15 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Seat

Like to get a new seat for my 08gt something more comfortable. Anyone have any luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 2009, 10:21 am
Veteran

Dude...probably THE most covered topic here. Search is your friend.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 10:24 am
Enthusiast

Garage
Seat

I have a low Sargent Seat set, black for sale. I live in Rockford, MI
If you would like to come and try it for a ride, PM me.

'07 K1200GT Crystal Gray Metalic
'00 Ducati 900 Monster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 10:02 pm
Addict

There is going to be a group buy of the Russell seat in November. At this point they are oversubscribed, but you might want to watch the thread here on this board to see if a spot opens up. There will be a discount and the seats are supposed to be some of the most comfortable around, but with an unconventional appearance. May be worth looking into. Good Luck. I have the Sargent seat and it is an improvement over stock for me. I am going to get a Russell though.

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2009, 1:14 am
Noob

KonTour...

I just put KonTour on my KGT and it's an amazing difference. I like it better than my last Corbin.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2009, 2:14 am
2 heads are better than 1

Rick Mayer saddles rock. I've had one on the last 6 bikes I've owned and wouldn't think of riding without one.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 BMW R1200RT Polar Metallic
2008 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S Red (of course)

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2009, 9:38 am
Addict-oholic

ditto on the Rich Mayer. I moved mine from my 2006 1200GT to the 2009 1300GT. Love it and no more sore butt.

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2009, 2:21 pm
Veteran

Another popular seat is from Bill "Rocky" Mayer, Rick's brother. I got one just before my Mexico-to-Canada (B2B) ride. The more I use it, the more I like it.

http://www.billmayersaddles.com/
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2009, 8:15 pm
Rookie

I faced the same dilemma on my '07. What seat should compliment all of the technological advancements this bike has to offer?? The stock seat just didn't cut it. Sure, it looked okay but that's as far as it went. Plenty of aftermarket companies out there making high quality products which offer an increase in comfort, but leather is not an ideal material for motorcycle seats in this day and age. It gets hot, it's not waterproof, and it does not breathe well. I chose to go with the polar mesh by Kontour and all I can say is, "Wow!!" Not only does the upgraded foam underneath offer a very noticeable reduction in vibrations through your rear end, but this polar mesh material simply outperforms leather by leaps and bounds. They were kind enough to remove enough material to lower the seat about an inch (I'm still not even close to putting both feet flat on the ground.)

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2009, 10:56 pm
What, we're out of glue??

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsaltybastard
I faced the same dilemma on my '07. What seat should compliment all of the technological advancements this bike has to offer?? The stock seat just didn't cut it. Sure, it looked okay but that's as far as it went. Plenty of aftermarket companies out there making high quality products which offer an increase in comfort, but leather is not an ideal material for motorcycle seats in this day and age. It gets hot, it's not waterproof, and it does not breathe well. I chose to go with the polar mesh by Kontour and all I can say is, "Wow!!" Not only does the upgraded foam underneath offer a very noticeable reduction in vibrations through your rear end, but this polar mesh material simply outperforms leather by leaps and bounds. They were kind enough to remove enough material to lower the seat about an inch (I'm still not even close to putting both feet flat on the ground.)

Hey Brian - glad to hear it made your trip enjoyable - it always makes our day (REALLY) to get reports back like this, especially on a Friday.

What a way to end the week. Cuban ceegars, a slap on the back and a fresh, crisp Jackson for everyone in the shop.

Thanks again for your business and vote of confidence in our design.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Polar Mesh GT.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	11034  

www.KontourSeat.com - "Like Buttah"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode