AeroFlow Windscreen - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2009, 10:11 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

AeroFlow Windscreen

Chalk up another one for Meese! His recommendation for AeroFlow windscreens is right on! I can actually hear the engine, no buffeting, open my visor without getting windblown - simply amazing! And, the people are really nice to deal with. How refreshing. Thanks Meese!

Dale
2008 K1200GT
Metallic Blue
MOA #72871
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2009, 10:51 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by abercrombie_pafoofnick
Chalk up another one for Meese! His recommendation for AeroFlow windscreens is right on! I can actually hear the engine, no buffeting, open my visor without getting windblown - simply amazing! And, the people are really nice to deal with. How refreshing. Thanks Meese!
The AeroFlow was on my short list, but I ended up ordering the Cee Baileys instead. The cost of the AeroFlow pushed me toward the CB. My riding buddy, a big AeroFlow fan, says I am going to regret my decision.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2009, 11:01 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

I agonized over that one too. Expensive, but worth it. Two piece unit with great instructions and all the necessary hardware. I usually spend more in the long run because I'm trying to save money! So I buy 2 or 3 items that don't work as well as the expensive one. Total cost - much more! Kind of like my stock purchases - buy high and sell low!

Dale
2008 K1200GT
Metallic Blue
MOA #72871
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2009, 12:35 pm
Veteran

Having owned two Cee-Baileys (One damaged by vandals who thought the bike looked better sitting upside down; second and thinner-made one cracked) and now on to the Aeroflow for the GT, it still buffets to me unless I tuck in really close and behind the screen. Pillions from the RT all complain the GT is nosier to them as well. Fwiw, old Aeroflow off the RT developed mounting hole cracks over time (maybe 1/2" long), so far the new one on the GT is crack free.

The GT isn't a buffet-free bike with regards to helmet noise over say a RT with an Aeroflow - or even a naked Ducati Streetfighter with it's funky upswept headlight. That is one reason they added those winglets to their catalog for the GT. Didn't care for the looks of them, so I'm still in the buffeting zone.

Only thing that helps me are some good in-ear phones to minimize the wind racket under a full-face helmet.

Next time, I think I'll buy a _________. (?)

Mack
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2009, 3:28 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
Having owned two Cee-Baileys (One damaged by vandals who thought the bike looked better sitting upside down; second and thinner-made one cracked) and now on to the Aeroflow for the GT, it still buffets to me unless I tuck in really close and behind the screen. Pillions from the RT all complain the GT is nosier to them as well. Fwiw, old Aeroflow off the RT developed mounting hole cracks over time (maybe 1/2" long), so far the new one on the GT is crack free.

The GT isn't a buffet-free bike with regards to helmet noise over say a RT with an Aeroflow - or even a naked Ducati Streetfighter with it's funky upswept headlight. That is one reason they added those winglets to their catalog for the GT. Didn't care for the looks of them, so I'm still in the buffeting zone.

Only thing that helps me are some good in-ear phones to minimize the wind racket under a full-face helmet.

Mack
Actually I am 85% satisfied with stock 24" shield. I am 5'9" and ride with the bars in the lowest position. In the heat of the summer I run the stock shield all the way down and love the extra air getting to my helmet vents and shoulders.

On a long trip or in the winter, I'd like just a bit more coverage and that is why I am/was in the market for a new shield.

The stock shield will be the standard summer shield, however.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2009, 5:33 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack

Mack
What size Aeroflow are you using for your GT?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2009, 10:04 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

I installed the standard size. I'm 5'11" with the bars at the highest level. I slouch in the seat but even if I sit up straight it works just fine. Plenty of range on the adjustable screen. I thought I might need the tall but I'm glad I didn't go that route.

Dale
2008 K1200GT
Metallic Blue
MOA #72871
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2009, 10:42 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelA
What size Aeroflow are you using for your GT?
It measures 26.5" top to bottom tip, whatever size that is.

I'm 6 foot, so it can go up high enough for me to look through. Often I lower it so I see see about 2" over the top where it normally resides. Pillion buffeting still occurs in most any configuration though so suspect the fairing/saddlebag/trunk design as the possibly culprit.

When the Aeroflow first became available for the GT in 2006, it took them a while and a few on this board were beta-testers for their shield's design. A few months later, they came along with their Winglet add-ons which supposedly helps more as it seems a lot of the wind buffeting comes from around the sides and not from over the top of the shield.

Personally, I don't know what could be better shield-wise, although some naked bikes seem to have less helmet racket, imho, than the GT. I will say it is a PITA to clean the Aeroflow dual-shields from water spots! I just cannot get to some of the dirt and spots when they are mounted. Removing them helps in the cleaning process, but the little Velcro (stick-on) Disks sometimes come loose in the removal and cleaning process and needs to be re-glued or replaced.

Mack
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2009, 1:22 pm
Addict

+1 on the Aeroflow. It makes the GT tolerable on the highway. Travel from Phoenix to NY without one was torture. Put it on in NY and I love it. Added winglets and it is even better with no wind on the arms and shoulders. Don't no about the pillion cause she left me but I think I'll ride solo for a while to get over my crash the bike blues.

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2009, 4:19 pm

happy with mine

Got a tall Aeroflow on my KGT 1300 (I'm 5'11') and am very happy with it. I still receive a bit of wind when my face sheild is down on my Nolan.. but MUCH better that stock.

I took the side-things off because they made the bike VERY sensitive to sidewinds...like I'm in the other lane before I can react... without them, the bike tracks as you would expect...

I'd buy Aeroflow again without looking at the competition.

Happy Trails.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode