K1300GT, which color to choose? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2009, 12:24 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

K1300GT, which color to choose?

Hi,

I'm about to order a new K1300GT and are having difficulty choosing what color to order. I really liked my dark graphite 2006, unfortunately that color is not available. So far I've leaned towards the Magnesium Beige, but after seeing this picture I'm starting to like the blue color. If I choose Magnesium Beige I'll probably paint the top box (like I did with my 2008 Aventurine Silver), but I think maybe with Royal Blue that is not necessary,

Unfortunately there are very few dealers in Norway and none of them have the K1300GT with Royal Blue color so I'm asking anyone that owns a GT with the Royal Blue color, if the color is as dark as in the picture I linked to above? Does the bike look nice without painting the large top box?

I have searched for more pictures but haven't really found anyone except the BMW ones, in which I don't think the Royal Blue looks very nice. Pictures will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
GB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2009, 1:29 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgabeke
I'll probably paint the top box (like I did with my 2008 Aventurine Silver), but I think maybe with Royal Blue that is not necessary,
You're going to have to paint the top box (if you don't want it to look like crap) no matter what color bike you get.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2009, 2:01 pm
2 heads are better than 1

The blue is a really nice color and is as deep as the picture shows. I got the red one but blue was second on my list. The top box is not paint matched and the flat silver of the stock lid doesn't look that great. But my dealer told me they they are possibly offering the 49L top box with a black lid in 2010, which I think would blend much better with any of the bike colors.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 BMW R1200RT Polar Metallic
2008 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S Red (of course)

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2009, 2:23 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller
You're going to have to paint the top box (if you don't want it to look like crap) no matter what color bike you get.
You may be right, although I think the top box looked very good with the dark graphite color and since the Royal Blue looks very dark I was thinking maybe it also would look good with that color.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2009, 2:27 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
The blue is a really nice color and is as deep as the picture shows. I got the red one but blue was second on my list. The top box is not paint matched and the flat silver of the stock lid doesn't look that great. But my dealer told me they they are possibly offering the 49L top box with a black lid in 2010, which I think would blend much better with any of the bike colors.
Good to know it is as deep as the picture shows. The BMW pictures shows the color much lighter than I guess it is. I have so far dismissed it based on the BMW pictures. Not so sure anymore...
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2009, 2:32 pm

There is nothing wrong with the red one.

The really cool part since it is metallic is that it varies in color as the sun hits it - it can go from fire engine red to dark copper within the span of the tank.

The blue one is nice also I saw one at the dealer - that one transistions more to the dark end of the spectrum towards black

2009 KGT1300 Apple Red (mine)
2008 RT Biarritz Blue (mine - sold)
2005 ST Piedmont Red/Light Magnesium (hers)
Luis Roth
BMWMOA #143775 IBA# 35651
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2009, 2:49 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper_Fi
There is nothing wrong with the red one.

The really cool part since it is metallic is that it varies in color as the sun hits it - it can go from fire engine red to dark copper within the span of the tank.

The blue one is nice also I saw one at the dealer - that one transistions more to the dark end of the spectrum towards black
The red was displayed on a show earlier this and I didn't care too much for it then. Awfully nice picture though... Not making it any easier...
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2009, 3:08 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper_Fi
The Deep Blue Metallic bikes have the same effect. Light angles makes a big difference and if they are varied sometimes you wonder if the whole bike is really painted the same color!
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2009, 4:37 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller
The Deep Blue Metallic bikes have the same effect. Light angles makes a big difference and if they are varied sometimes you wonder if the whole bike is really painted the same color!
That is also true with Aventurine Silver I currently have. Sometimes blueish, other times greenish.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Rookie

The blue is very nice. If you see it in anything but direct sun, you could very easily look at it carefully and think it's black. I have Red Apple Metallic & love both colors. Both come into their own in the sun.

2009 K1300GT (Red) :
-----------------------------------
2002 R1150R (Sold)
1997 Honda VFR 750 (Sold)
1997 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (Totalled)
1995 Honda ST1100 (Sold)
1980 Honda GL1100 (Sold)
1983 Yamaha XV920 (Sold)
1979 Honda CX500 (Sold)
1980 Yamaha XS400 Special II (Sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode