Hot off the email presses!!! K1200GT US Pricing - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2005, 9:01 pm Thread Starter

Hot off the email presses!!! K1200GT US Pricing

US pricing for the K1200GT

Looks like the rumors of $19,000 to $21,000 are correct!

UPDATE: News travels fast. I was asked to edit the image just a iddy bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k1200gt_price2.jpg
Views:	915
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1105  

Last edited by PCKRS; Dec 19th, 2005 at 10:14 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2005, 9:10 pm
Statmaster

This looks like great news! Man, I gotta work on my sources. I usually get this stuff before anyone else. They've really been slipping lately.

So, you gonna tell where you got this? I thought not. LOL!!!

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2005, 9:55 pm

Ripped off again...

So as usual, Canadians are getting ripped off. $18,740 US works out to $21, 878 Cdn but we have the pleasure of paying over $25K Cdn (before options and taxes).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2005, 10:01 pm
Statmaster

Mark,

According to the BMW USA and BMW Canada websites, the same thing happens with the R1200RT.

R1200RT (USD): $17,040 MSRP
R1200RT (CAD): $23,250 MSRP

I also checked the K1200LT as well..

K1200LT (USD): $19,990 MSRP
K1200LT (CAD): $28,450 MSRP

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2005, 10:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincGT
So as usual, Canadians are getting ripped off. $18,740 US works out to $21, 878 Cdn but we have the pleasure of paying over $25K Cdn (before options and taxes).
Mark,

You know something is out of sync here (pun intended) <g> And, there must be some kind of lag on Canadian pricing on just about everything.

Here's why I say that. We ski most of the winter in Whistler. A few years back if we exchanged a U.S. dollar for a Canadian dollar we got back $1.40 Canadian. Today we get back about $1.15.

Two years ago, it was less expensive to purchase just about anything in Canada vs. the same product in the U.S.

This fall, though, it cost $200 more to purchase the same pair of skis in my favorite ski shop in Whistler (been dealing with the same great guy for years) than it would have to purchase the skis at REI in Bellingham.

Well, I have to tell you, my loyalty to the shop won out and I bit the bullet and bought the skis from the Whistler ski shop.

But, on a big ticket item like Beemer motorcycles, that $200 dollars translates into almost $3,000. Not acceptable. On top of that, to add insult to injury, PST and GST adds up to a total of 14 percent taxes, compared to 9 percent in Washington State.

You know, it would almost be worth it to you, next time you purchase a bike, if the this gap still exists to get it in Seattle and find some place to garage it in Port Angeles, license it here, and take the ferry back and forth - and, I'm not just kidding, here.

It could be that the strong Canadian dollar will have a downward effect on pricing; or, it could mean that U.S. prices vs. the Euro will start to creep up and that doesn't sound good for either Canadians or the U.S.

Miles
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2005, 10:32 pm

Tom, thanks for posting this key piece of information on pricing. The equipment packages are kind of interesting. For instance, looking at equipment package #3 at $1800, you save $170 over the same features purchased individually.

Looks to me like quite an interesting bike fully loaded. Almost like purchasing a two wheel BMW Z4 roadster at half the price, but twice as fast!

Miles
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2005, 11:24 am
Veteran

Did I miss something Miles? I couldn't tie the option packages to parts. Am I to presume the $1,800 one includes the CD player, radio, etc. plus the other subsets? Or, is there NO radio/CD option?

Regards

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2005, 12:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
Did I miss something Miles? I couldn't tie the option packages to parts. Am I to presume the $1,800 one includes the CD player, radio, etc. plus the other subsets? Or, is there NO radio/CD option?

Regards
John,

If you look down at the very bottom of the price list, you will see "option pacakge #3".

That package, which is the most comprehensive one, includes the following individual options and is listed as part of the package: 320, 416, 518, 538, 431.

320 = Xenon Light

416 = ESA

518 = Heated Seat

538 = cruise control

431 = on board computer

If you don't want one or more of the options in the package, presumably you can choose and pick which individual options you want rather than going for option package #3. I don't think you would bother with either option package #1 or #2. The first one is just the on-board computer and the second one does not include cruise control, if I'm reading all ths correctly.

There doesn't seem to be an option for a radio in all this. There is a a fairing compartment on the right side of the bike; don't know whether that might allow for a radio or not. At this point, it seems they are not going to offer a radio like on on the R12RT.

My guess is that most dealers will "order" these bikes with option pacakge #3; and, if they have enough inventory, maybe one or two w/o options - to offer a lower priced GT.

Last week, I stopped by my dealer to pick up a qt. of oil for the ST, (an ever present need) and the salesmanager said the "order" information so far has only been received from BMW USA for the new Adventure GS; nothing on either the GT or the R12S.

You might want to print out the price sheet provided here and huddle with your dealer to make sure that when the orders go in that he specifies the bike in the color you want and the options you prefer. My guess is that it would easier to specify the color and just get option package #3.

This is all speculation on my part, assuming all the information we have here is correct. These dealers, by the way, are looking at the first ones hitting the showroom floor around June. Hope it's sooner than that.

Miles
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2005, 1:02 pm
Veteran

Actually I saw that but am a bit perplexed; seems eljeffe or someone else, I may have to look, posted a similar part/price list and there was some exorbitant amount of money charged for the Radio/Cd option . . . seems I remember $790.00. I could be wrong. Not that big a deal to me other than it does hike the price up a tad.

BMW Daytona tends to order everything on their high(er) end bikes as I guess the clentele just buy them that way. So, they already know I will take it with everything. The higher windshield seems interesting.

Best Regards,
John

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2005, 1:10 pm
Veteran

Older Price List

This is the post I was referring to. Guess it was $390 not $790. I didn't see if the P/N's match.

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1399

Other than spelling SUPPLIMENTAL TOOL KIT (SUPPLEMENTAL) incorrectly, looks kind of similar!

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode