09 K1300GT front shock failure - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 2009, 7:54 am Thread Starter
Noob

09 K1300GT front shock failure

Bike has been sitting for a couple of weeks as we have had major snow on eastern Long Island. Pushed it off the center stand last week to move it around the garage and the front shock blew its load all over the floor and front fender. Checked the brake and clutch lines and they were fine...got a flashlight and the fluid appears to be coming from the front shock. Bummer. Has 11K miles and has seen regular use all the way up to Thanksgiving. Back in the truck (third time) and off to Cliff's next week.

RW in Mattituck, LI NY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 2009, 8:41 am
Rookie

I know how you feel. I just got mine back after 4 weeks in the shop for the rear shock. Same thing...blew its load but mine was during a ride.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2009, 2:19 pm

At least it will covered under warranty

did you notice anything different on your last ride?

2009 KGT1300 Apple Red (mine)
2008 RT Biarritz Blue (mine - sold)
2005 ST Piedmont Red/Light Magnesium (hers)
Luis Roth
BMWMOA #143775 IBA# 35651
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2009, 2:54 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAHBO
Bike has been sitting for a couple of weeks as we have had major snow on eastern Long Island. Pushed it off the center stand last week to move it around the garage and the front shock blew its load all over the floor and front fender. Checked the brake and clutch lines and they were fine...got a flashlight and the fluid appears to be coming from the front shock. Bummer. Has 11K miles and has seen regular use all the way up to Thanksgiving. Back in the truck (third time) and off to Cliff's next week.

RW in Mattituck, LI NY
Sorry your having issues, have you tried Goldcoast Motorsports in New Hyde Park?

MOA Member #106320
2003 R1150RT Titan Silver
2008 K1200GT Dark Graphite
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 2009, 8:46 am Thread Starter
Noob

Last ride was uneventful, noticed no changes in ride, steering, performance...etc. I am pretty in tune with the bike and consider myself alert and well practiced. Certainly no fluid present after the ride. Only after sitting two weeks (maybe three) and then hoisted off the centerstand...fluid all over the place.

I have had DECENT service and have established a reliable relationship at Cliff's. Have not tried Gold Coast...strongly recommended or just a Long island option?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 2009, 8:49 am Thread Starter
Noob

newGT...you mentioned that your bike was in the shop for four weeks?? Why so long? Couldn't get the part from Germany? All the snow is gone and I want to get back to riding...hopefully it won't be a month!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode