Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA, USA
Are there different grades of reflective tape?
Ideally, the tape I want has the following properties:
* Highest possible reflectivity at night.
* Does not detract from the overall appearance of the bike. Some reflective tapes are dark (black) in ordinary daylight.
* Weatherproof - does not fade, peel, or lose reflectivity with long exposure to sunlight, rain, or a wide range of temperatures.
* Doesn't damage paint, plastic, or any underlying surface where it is applied. That would include my bike, my side and top cases, and my helmet.
* Easy to remove or replace, without leaving residue or other marks. (Or the residue is easy to remove with a product that doesn't damage the surface.)
Is anyone out there who knows about this topic that can point to an easy comparison of reflective tapes? (And yes, I have searched the web. 3M's own website wasn't very helpful for me.)