Problems - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2010, 9:37 pm Thread Starter

Problems

I have a 2009 K1300GT with about 4400 on the clock, I purchased the bike in August, in September the the left switch gear started to act up, first it was the cruise control, but it only malfunctioned for a while, but the next ride no turn signals, and no windshield. It warmed up here today to 55 so I took the 300+ mile round trip to the dealer to have it replaced. They also installed the updated software to fix the stalling issues, every thing looked good. On the way home an icon showed up on the screen I had never noticed before, turns out it was the low oil icon. I stopped the bike removed the seat and checked the oil, and it was within the limits on the oil dip stick, so I continued home. When I got home I double checked it and sure enough it was full of oil right on the full mark. Yet the icon still persists, so I guess its back to the dealer one more time. I love the way this bike rides so far but I also hope this is not a sign of things to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Veteran

Was it the "check mark" or "!" icon? If just the "check mark", don't worry too much unless it's stuck on. Mine still comes on periodically but less so over time for what ever reason. Especially after a long run at speed when it's hot. But the "check mark" is normal.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 3:16 pm

+1

if you're seeing the check mark, that means that it has checked the oil and its OK
seemed a bit counter-intuitive to me at first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 6:21 pm
IBR# 366

Also note that the check mark will only come on if the bike is warmed up, at idle, and not moving. I sometimes see mine come on at a long traffic light.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 8:04 pm
Noob

Exclamation

I've had this problem("!" icon) since the software update
My dealer said that Germany had a fix(I Hope) and go in on Friday for the "Fix"
I will post with a update after my ride home

ipnman
2009 Red K1300GT

Last edited by ipnman; Jan 13th, 2010 at 8:15 pm.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 11:31 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_W
Was it the "check mark" or "!" icon? If just the "check mark", don't worry too much unless it's stuck on. Mine still comes on periodically but less so over time for what ever reason. Especially after a long run at speed when it's hot. But the "check mark" is normal.
It is the "!" icon, not the check mark. I called the dealer today this is the first time they have seen it. I disconnected the battery and put the terminals together for a minute and then reconnected. I restarted the bike let it warm up rode it around a bit, put it on the centerstand, same thing. I just had the update installed as well. As a side note the bike also idles faster with the update, and it takes a while to come off of the high idle and back to a slow idle.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2010, 8:20 am
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratharr
It is the "!" icon, not the check mark. I called the dealer today this is the first time they have seen it. I disconnected the battery and put the terminals together for a minute and then reconnected. I restarted the bike let it warm up rode it around a bit, put it on the centerstand, same thing. I just had the update installed as well. As a side note the bike also idles faster with the update, and it takes a while to come off of the high idle and back to a slow idle.
It is the "!" icon, and not the check mark for me. My idle is about 1,100, hasn't change much since the software upgrade. I will get back with you on Friday, to update on the "Fix"

ipnman
2009 Red K1300GT
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2010, 10:09 am
Veteran

Interesting, just another software quirk maybe? Let us know if you guys get a fix. I still wouldn't worry too much though as long as your oil reservoir is full. These things are annoying as hell though.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2010, 4:50 pm
Noob

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratharr
Just got back from BMW-no luck on the "Fix"-tech tried twice
They sent a Puma Report to BMW-waiting to hear back
Will update with any new info

ipnman
2009 Red K1300GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode