CO, Hid Upgrade - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 12:23 pm Thread Starter

CO, Hid Upgrade

I looked up the upgrade by Gif on the 06 Gt and the pic's etc where great, but what kit did he use and where can I get one? Also I believe he only put one light in on the low beam to trick the Canbus, is this correct. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Veteran

Ddm Tuning has great prices, I am trying to order some for my car and bike, need to stun the deer....!!!!
But for some strange reason they seem to ignore Canada in their register drop down window and shipping quotes.....! Every other country in the world is there....I sent them an E-Mail about that, no reply yet....But here is the link.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/

Pirate has them too, check the recent thread on that, good info, but as I said I need some for my car too....Got to stun the deer......!

My "neighbor" Jeromy might pipe in on that one.....help a fellow Canadian make up his mind!

Benelli 50cc at 14
Yamaha RD 200 at 16
Yamaha RD 350 at 17
Honda CB 750 F at 18
Honda V45 Sabre at 24
BMW K100RS at 27
BMW R100GS at 34
BMW K1200RS at 53
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 6:16 pm
IBR# 366

The GT's low beam is only one bulb. The high beam has two.

Whomever you order the HID kit from, stick with either a 4200K or at most 5000K light, as that range is closer to "natural" daylight. Anything above that tends to turn blue/purple and will actually put out less useable light onto the road (and deer) ahead.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2010, 3:09 pm Thread Starter

Ddm

Does anyone know where else I can get an HID upgrade as DDM will not ship to a different address than the billing address???????????.Prices are good if they really sell anything????
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2010, 3:27 pm
Looking for better limits...

Think these folks are in Canada.

I got two kits from DDM tuning, one for the GT and one for the G650X. Both were billed to a P.O. Box and delivered to my house, no issues. I'm thinking the issue you are running into with them (but I'm really guessing) is the ship-to address is in Canada, and they're now exporting ...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2010, 9:39 pm

RE: Fellow Canadian Eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h96669
Ddm Tuning has great prices, I am trying to order some for my car and bike, need to stun the deer....!!!!
But for some strange reason they seem to ignore Canada in their register drop down window and shipping quotes.....! Every other country in the world is there....I sent them an E-Mail about that, no reply yet....But here is the link.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/

Pirate has them too, check the recent thread on that, good info, but as I said I need some for my car too....Got to stun the deer......!

My "neighbor" Jeromy might pipe in on that one.....help a fellow Canadian make up his mind!
Yeah, I used DDM's 55w Kit. No problem shipping to Canada, I just made sure it was impossible for them to miss where they were shipping them to in my email. I offered to pay more for shipping but didn't need to. I think i paid around $80 - $85 everything in for a High / Low kit. If you search my posts ( there are very few - noob ) you'll find what I have to say about them. A++++++++
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2010, 11:00 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromy
Yeah, I used DDM's 55w Kit. No problem shipping to Canada, I just made sure it was impossible for them to miss where they were shipping them to in my email. I offered to pay more for shipping but didn't need to. I think i paid around $80 - $85 everything in for a High / Low kit. If you search my posts ( there are very few - noob ) you'll find what I have to say about them. A++++++++
They were working on their system last week, everything good now, just ordered some for the car and bike, but I'm getting 2 kits for the bike, 35W Low, 55W Hi, will see what happens. I can alway switch the ballasts around later if not satisfied. I like choices....But I think I'll be OK to stun the Bambis.
Cost...not relevant, safety is!

Benelli 50cc at 14
Yamaha RD 200 at 16
Yamaha RD 350 at 17
Honda CB 750 F at 18
Honda V45 Sabre at 24
BMW K100RS at 27
BMW R100GS at 34
BMW K1200RS at 53

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode