Could this be true? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2005, 5:57 pm Thread Starter

Question Could this be true?

I am excited at the chance of a new GT.

When is the Milan show? October is almost half gone!

Is there a website where we can get a sneak preview?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2005, 6:42 pm
Looking for better limits...

BMW is keeping their cards close to their chest on this one. No one publicly is saying. Tentatively, it's due out in March of '06, but no word if it will make it to the States. Canada, though, is another country...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2005, 9:31 pm

new GT

I think it will be a K1200ST like the new R1200ST. Very similar to the K1200S with upright bars and larger upper fairing. Bags might be similar to the RT or totally different but not the exoskeleton bags the new Ks now use. Just a prediction. It should be a FJR1300 killer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2005, 10:41 pm

Unhappy Whatever the new GT is...

The bike as is, with bar backs and a better seat, is great. One problem: The darn machine has very short legs, compared to say an RT. 180 miles per tank is all you can hope for on a seriously long trip. I am a long distant rider and I was hoping this bike would be my last for a number of years. In this area I am very disappointed.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2005, 12:10 am

Can anyone post some spy/concept pics?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2005, 12:29 am
Addict

A K-GT based on the same engine as the K1200S

I hope the new K-GT, or whatever it will be called, will have the same engine as the K1200S and not a de-tuned version.

Lache pas la patate

Robert Odendahl
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2005, 12:52 am
Addict

Cool New K1200GT

Bugger.
I'm on the verge of test riding an R1200GS. I like idea of not being stopped by too much re road surface (I live in Tropical Nth Queensland Australia) so the Adventure Touring bug is calling.
I LOVE my KGT and a new model will only make the choice harder.

Best wishes everyone.

Ken.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2005, 4:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytown
Bugger.
I'm on the verge of test riding an R1200GS. I like idea of not being stopped by too much
I did - TWICE! I'm sold. Love the bike, love handling and love the go anywhere attitude. Even if it's just to get me over crappy roads and gravel roads. The GS WILL be my next bike.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 3:58 pm
Statmaster

My sources (and I use source{s} because there are multiple) are the same sources that gave me information on the K1200S 6 months before we knew anything solid on it, provided detailed specs for the K1200R when people were still accusing me of being on drugs in regards to a "naked" K1200S that BMW had the works, and was 100% right about the 2006 K1200LT and updated options months before BMW announced it.

These sources have told me that the K1200GT will in fact be designated "GT" and will have cruise control, adjustable windshield, heated seats, accessory sockets, better ergos, and a fairing halfway between that of the current K1200S and the R1200RT. No word on whether an audio system will be included. They have also said the GT will arrive in US dealer showrooms in the spring (March 2002 was mentioned specifically). The March timeframe would be good because it provides just enough time between the Jan/Feb dealer meeting and getting product shipped from Germany. I trust these sources, but with all rumors, this source could be wrong (and it really would be the first time for these sources).
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 4:41 pm
Enthusiast

Sounds almost the same as the beemer dealer told me except for the time frame. They were thinking it was gonna be June or July 2006.
Later == Bobby

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode