Fault code 10443: Fuse activated for electric fuel pump - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2010, 4:55 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Unhappy Fault code 10443: Fuse activated for electric fuel pump

I stopped for lunch, and when I got back on the K1300GT it started and ran for 10 seconds and dies. I waited 10 minutes and tried again. Started up but then died after 5 seconds. It behaved as if it wasn't getting any fuel. I checked the fuel tank and it was full. I now waited an hour, it cranked and cranked but it would not fire. I tried off and on the rest of that day and the next and the same thing. It would crank but not fire. I decided to put it on the battery charger, and after 2 days it started and runs fine. I decided to acquire the GS-911, and when I hooked it up it gave me the following fault code 10443: Fuse activated for electric fuel pump (not now present). My question is, do I have fuel pump or controller that is going bad, or did the BMS-K shut down the fuel pump because it thought it didn't have enough voltage to operate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 pm
Looking for better limits...

Just my opinion, but call the BMW service department and tell them what happened, just skip the GS-911 diagnosis part. They probably will want you to to come in and put it on their machine to find out what the fault is. They may have more detail on their readout as well. They may replace the fuel pump or the controller, and there's a 50/50 chance they got it right
No telling if the fuel pump was actually drawing excessive current or the controller tripped too soon with the GS-911. But, at least you'll know what you're bringing it in for.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser SŲze
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 4:36 pm

Garage
This is a well known issue with the R1200RT & GS models, the controller gives up the ghost, it can be bypassed and powered directly from the power socket on those models, not sure how practibable that is on the 12/13GT's tho'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c_30Nn0BWE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 5:26 pm
Veteran

Whatever you do, DO NOT CLEAR THE FAULT CODE WITH THE GS-911 if you haul it to your dealer for a fix. You clear that code and you'll hate yourself later.

damhik either!

Mack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode