BLINDER M27 X-TREME Park Assist & Laser Protection - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2010, 10:19 pm Thread Starter

BLINDER M27 X-TREME Park Assist & Laser Protection

Today, I just finished the installation of Blinder M27 X-TREME Laser Jammer with Park assist (which I really don't need). It was an easy install, no cutting of wires, just connect the power from the battery and there is an on and off switch that comes with it. Also it has free software upgradable via download from manufacturer website in case there were newer Laser detectors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2724.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	12678   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2727.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	12679   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2734.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	745.6 KB
ID:	12680   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2729.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	12681   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2737.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	918.9 KB
ID:	12682  

2006 K1200GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2010, 10:49 pm
Veteran

Nice.

I like the rear fender idea. I was contemplating under the rear rack on mine. haven't gotten that far yet.

That front spot has me worried as to whether the front fender would strike the thing under heavy braking? I don't know how far up that suspension travel is?

Is the LED indicator that green one or the three triangular ones under the upper dash (center?). I thought it could me integrated into you Adaptix unit too?

Don't jam to gun too long else that will raise suspicion if you are in an "illegal to own one" area.

I need to do something on mine sometime.

Mack
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2010, 1:55 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
Nice.

I like the rear fender idea. I was contemplating under the rear rack on mine. haven't gotten that far yet.

I was planning on doing rear rack, but there is no way you can install it under there, not unless you improvised something like a metal plate to fasten somewhere.

That front spot has me worried as to whether the front fender would strike the thing under heavy braking? I don't know how far up that suspension travel is?

No worries there is enough room in there. I attached it with a heavy duty double adhesive tape under the oil cooler and plastic. Actually that is the perfect location for it and well hidden, same with the back

Is the LED indicator that green one or the three triangular ones under the upper dash (center?). I thought it could me integrated into you Adaptix unit too?

The green LED is for the Jammer and the 3 triangular LED is for the adaptive. I will have to call Adaptive if I can integrate the 2. I was hoping for that, as the Adaptive has an extra connection for Laser.

Don't jam to gun too long else that will raise suspicion if you are in an "illegal to own one" area. Yeah I hear ya! That is why it has the on and off switch.

I need to do something on mine sometime.

Mack

On the back sensor, I am more worried about the tire picking up some rocks and hitting it. I will have to improvised another plastic to cover the bottom of the sensor sort of, which I already cut up a square hard plastic and will glue it in there tomorrow. Here are some more pictures.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF2738.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	12683   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2745.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	12684   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2740.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	12685   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2747.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	12686   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2741.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	12687  

2006 K1200GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2010, 2:01 am Thread Starter

I tell ya, this farklelization is never ending.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF2748.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	12688   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2752.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	12689  

2006 K1200GT
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2010, 2:13 am
Veteran

Just for the record, laser jammers are illegal in several states, including California. The laws vary, but in California, possessing one is illegal, even if it is turned off, unless you have a specific Federal license.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2010, 2:27 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMagnaRider
Just for the record, laser jammers are illegal in several states, including California. The laws vary, but in California, possessing one is illegal, even if it is turned off, unless you have a specific Federal license.
What about if you don't live in CA? Just visiting or passing through, would that work? Maybe the law only applies to a resident of CA.

2006 K1200GT
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2010, 8:50 am
IBR# 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by magastos2
Maybe the law only applies to a resident of CA.
I doubt it. Radar detectors are illegal in VA, and can be confiscated whether you live there or are "just passing through."

In a similar vein, lane sharing is tolerated in CA for local and out of state riders, but not tolerated in OR, for example, regardless of your actual residency.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2010, 8:53 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magastos2
What about if you don't live in CA? Just visiting or passing through, would that work? Maybe the law only applies to a resident of CA.
Laser jammers are illegal in nine states, and questionable in another one. Here is a link with a map showing which states have anti-laser-jammer laws: http://www.guysoflidar.com/usa-laser-jammer-laws.html

Here is a link with the specific California law: http://www.guysoflidar.com/californi...mmer-laws.html

It is clear to me that laser jammers are illegal in California, whether or not you are a resident or just passing through. You aren't allowed to drive over the speed limit or run red lights in California, just because you are not a resident or are just passing through. That was the point of my previous post.

If you have a device that is illegal in some states, then you have choices:

* Don't buy one in the first place.

* Avoid those states where the device is illegal. (Personal comment: If enough tourists avoid a state because laser jammers are illegal, the state may change the laws. I doubt that it can be measured or is likely to happen.)

* Remove the device and leave it at home if you are planning to pass through a state where it is illegal.

* Hope that you don't get caught with the device installed. You may be more likely be caught if the device is running. See this test for an example: http://www.guysoflidar.com/july-2008...mmer-test.html

* Hope that if you are caught, the police will not enforce the law, especially if you are a visitor from another state. Then again, they may be more likely to enforce the law if you are a visitor. Who knows?

* Find a way to remove the device, put it away, and leave it turned off while you are in states where it is illegal. It may be illegal to have it, but it is less likely to be discovered, and the police are more likely to let you go. I have friends with radar detectors who pack them away in their side cases when they ride into Canadian provinces where they are illegal. Passing through Customs is the most likely place they will have problems. Most get away with it, but I know a few who have had their detectors confiscated. There are no guarantees.

I mentioned California not only because GMack and I live there, but also because you live in a neighboring state (albeit on the northern border), and might ride to California from time-to-time.

As of this writing, the thread has been viewed 55 times, and is likely to be viewed must more than that. Don't you think it would be useful for those viewers to know that the devices are illegal in some states?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2010, 10:24 am
Veteran

I say screw it.....ride it like you stole it. Purposely do like 30 to 40 mph over the limit where ever you are and let us know if the thing works or not!

(ought to be real easy in OR with the stupidly slow limits you got down there)

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2010, 11:01 am
Addict

I think I might be tempted to use a passive method like Veil instead. Less expensive and no legality issues. Perhaps not as effective as a full jammer but when paired with a good laser detector it should be good enough, especially on a motorcycle which presents a more difficult target to begin with. In fact just a good laser detector and appropriate situational awareness has saved me many times on my bike, DAMHIK.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode