Old Blue Girl has a little lay down!! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2010, 2:31 am Thread Starter
Addict

Old Blue Girl has a little lay down!!

As I write this my right foot is an ice pack and I am counting my blessings. (again)
I had a mate (non rider) visiting from interstate and for years he has nagged me about getting taken for a spin on the bike. I reluctantly agreed this time.
I dont like pillions and novices are generally a NO for me unless they have the appropriate assets which Roger didnt.
Had a great first hour or so though this morning through some nice country.
We come up to a T junction with a stop sign and dutifully pull up to a stop and look for oncoming traffic.
Then BANG!!! Two fuckin hippies in a Mitsubishi Express van run straight into the back of me!
He obviously wasnt planning on stopping and was looking for traffic and not in front of him.
I had the 49lt top box on which hit my mate first but probably saved him from serious injury before it went 10 meters down the road.
The left pannier followed it and the bike and me went down hard on the right side.
Downside: Left panner U/S, Right pannier U/S, Right fairing cowling U/S, tail light loose and a very sore right foot.
Upside: It could have been much worse if anyone had been coming across the intersection at the time.
The visitor got off without a scratch and I am under strict instructions not to tell his wife.

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2010, 6:47 am

Glad you are okay if a bit sore. Weren't anywhere near Nimbin were you LOL.I am presuming you were on the GT. I am a bit surprised you didn't put the boot into a few of the other panels and go for a total. Seriously though as you say could have been much worse. Bloody hippies.

Cheers
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2010, 7:50 am

Good thing you weren't on a Harley! Bloody thing would have crushed your ankle, if not your whole leg! Those crash bars aren't effective, they fold up like a spoon, (personal experience...), I'm very relieved your injuries were only cosmetic... Hang in there and get back on as soon as you can brother! -Dr Ron

2009 KGT makes me SMILE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2010, 5:25 pm
Veteran

I am sorry to hear about your accident, but pleased to learn that that you and your friend are okay. May your foot heal quickly, and the joy of riding return to you swiftly as well.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2010, 11:02 pm
Veteran

Holy shit dude. I go away for a few days and this is here when I come back. REAL glad you're both okay.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2010, 6:01 am Thread Starter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by westridge
Glad you are okay if a bit sore. Weren't anywhere near Nimbin were you LOL.I am presuming you were on the GT. I am a bit surprised you didn't put the boot into a few of the other panels and go for a total. Seriously though as you say could have been much worse. Bloody hippies.

Cheers
Hey John, no not Nimbin (unfortunately). If it was I might of had a bag of happy cookies to chew on while the ibuprofin is working on my foot.
I notice that your location has changed and that you seem to be back in Tas?
I dropped the bike into M&W today and now wait for them and the insurer to work it out.

10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2010, 4:44 pm
Addict

A dude with a Frank Zappa avatar is calling someone a "hippy"???? Glad you weren't injured badly.

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2010, 4:17 am

Hi Andrew

Yes back in good ol Tassie. The better half said she had had enough of lovely tropical Queensland so here we are again. Certainly nice to have some decent roads to ride on again. Only problem is I have forgotten how to go round corners.

Sorry to do a hijack here but have you heard anything about the safari of late apart from the "highly informative" bit of drivel on the BMW site? Trying to organise something for next year. The mrs wants to go to Europe and do a ride round the Alps which is quite appealing but a few of my mates are heading up to Cairns next June, hiring some trail bikes and doing the cape thing. Very keen on this but suspect I would need a new set of balls soon after my return. It would be handy to know the plans for the safari.

Hope the foots on the mend.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 2010, 9:46 pm
Rookie

Wow. Glad you are OK. Scary stuff

I read your post and had a flash back from a trip through So Cal where I was stopped at a light in Palm Springs, heard tires screaming and had a crew of landscapers slide to a stop behind me and SO at a 90 degree angle. They missed.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2010, 3:47 am Thread Starter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrick
A dude with a Frank Zappa avatar is calling someone a "hippy"???? Glad you weren't injured badly.
Frank was never a "Hippie", he was a "Freak"
The foot is almost 100%, no report on the bike yet

10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode