BMW Rally in Torrey, UT May, anyone going? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 4:55 pm Thread Starter
Addict

BMW Rally in Torrey, UT May, anyone going?

So I understand that the Spring'11 ride to Torrey, Utah is May21-22.
Anyone from here going? Its a great ride from California and Torrey is a great location.
I'm thinking about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2011, 7:44 pm
Noob

Torrey is a great place to ride to

I live in Utah and have been to Torrey Utah on a number of occasions. Its a small artists community with a liberal outllook (not an easy thing in Utah!) There are great roads and rides all around. Torrey is centraly located a number of great asphalt roads and even more dirt tracks (for you duo sport guys). Even if you can't make a ralley, keep it on your bucket list. Southern Utah is a top riding area!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2011, 8:44 am
Noob

The original post in this thread was from 2007 but rallies continue in Torrey. The next one (I know of) is the BMWST.com rally in May, the 21st occurance of this rally!

Although the board started as a BMW RT gathering place all kinds of BMWs and non BMWs now participate, all are welcome at the rally.

For more information you can go here, there are links to lodging information and some good riding maps for the area

http://www.bobpalin.com/howlongtotorrey.htm

Bob Palin
Torrey, UT
R1150RT, KLR650, CBR1000, CRF450X
407,000 miles and rolling
http://www.bobpalin.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2011, 11:35 am
Veteran

No Bob, the guy joined in 2007. The post is from a couple of days ago. Come to think of it how is it your join date is 2005 and you've only made 1 post?

Any how...never been to your rally but for those thinking of it I have ridden through that area many times over the years. There is some great riding to be had. More than enough to last for many days. You won't be disappointed.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2011, 11:02 am Thread Starter
Addict

I've riden through the area 3 times and once with family camping. Its great.

I was just wondering if anyone on this forum was thinking of going this year. I've never been to 'this' un-official BMW rally.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2011, 6:12 pm
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_W
No Bob, the guy joined in 2007. The post is from a couple of days ago. Come to think of it how is it your join date is 2005 and you've only made 1 post?

Any how...never been to your rally but for those thinking of it I have ridden through that area many times over the years. There is some great riding to be had. More than enough to last for many days. You won't be disappointed.
DOH!

I had totally forgotten that I was a member of this forum or even that it existed. I suppose back in 2005 there was something here that I wanted to get to but I have no idea what.

As I said, all are welcome at the Torrey rallies, they are low key and newbies are always made especially welcome (they taste like chicken which we like). If you make yourself known to me I'll make sure you don't wander around lost because you don't know anybody. It's important to be there by 5pm Friday because we have a gather round the pool at the Chuckwagon where introductions are made to the local people and whatever the weekends semi-organized activities are are announced.

Bob Palin
Torrey, UT
R1150RT, KLR650, CBR1000, CRF450X
407,000 miles and rolling
http://www.bobpalin.com
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 2011, 12:26 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Well I just booked some motel rooms for the trip.

It should be a good ride.

Hope some-one here plans to go also.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 2011, 12:53 pm
Addict

You'll have a great time, good people, good riding...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode