Originally Posted by francis
What is the best way to measure the oil level in a K1300GT? I'm a new owner and not sure which is the best way measure the oil level.
The oil check instructions are in the owners manual. Engine Oil is the third topic in the Maintenance section, after General Instructions and Toolkit.
* Ride the bike on a long ride to make sure the engine oil is fully warmed up.
* Place the motorcycle on its center stand.
* Run the engine in neutral for one minute, then turn off the engine.
* Remove the driver's seat. Clean the area around the oil filler cap.
* Unscrew the oil filler cap and wipe the dipstick with a clean cloth.
* Insert the dipstick up to the cap, but do not screw in the cap.
* Read the oil level on the dipstick. It should be between MIN and MAX.
* If is below MIN, top up your engine oil and check again.
* If it is above MAX, see your dealer (or remove some oil yourself).