Hyperpro Lowering Links - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2011, 6:48 pm Thread Starter

Hyperpro Lowering Links

Has anyone used the Hyperpro lowering links like the ones that EPM sells for the 06 GT?

For $120 it will give me about 1 inch?

Steve
DFW
'07' GT Blue
'12' R1200GS Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2011, 9:46 pm
Enthusiast

Garage
I have not tried lowering links on the GT

I tried them on my FZ1, (1" drop) could not use the center stand and the side stand was a tip over waiting to happen. Dragged pegs easily, scraped the pipe on on bumps. Handling suffered. Took them off, I would rather be tippy toe (28" inseam) stopped, and have the bike acting normal setting up for a curve, etc..

I have the Sargent low seat on the GT, it is about 3/4" lower than the low position of the BMW low seat, and for me much more comfortable, good for multiple 700 mile days (YMMV). I can pretty much flat foot in the one helmet position, heels off the ground on two helmet until the wife gets on. A could be bit more leg bend but with short legs you wouldn't notice.

I think Meece would say you only have your feet down for 0.000000001% of the time for one of his "normal" rides. Make the change at the saddle, maybe get some more comfort and don't upset the handling

'07 K1200GT Crystal Gray Metalic
'00 Ducati 900 Monster
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2011, 10:36 pm Thread Starter

Thanks aj7840, that sounds like Ken but he should be getting ready for his 11 days of fun

I have thought about how much I will loose but i have been having problems with my right knee again so went back to DR. and he said yep you are gringing bone on bone now when we cleand up your knee in 07 we took out all the miniscus. Well no wonder I cant put much lateral pressure on my knee. I put the RDL saddle on have fell over twice now as my knee wont hold me up, I have even had my boots built up .75"

With the price of the link I could try a inch lower and not spend a forturne on getting mine cut down.

Steve
DFW
'07' GT Blue
'12' R1200GS Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode