K12 13 GT Passenger Seat differences - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2011, 9:11 pm Thread Starter
Noob

K12 13 GT Passenger Seat differences

Hello,

I understand the passenger seats from K12 will fit the K13. My question is there a difference between the K12 and K13 passenger seats? Coming from a K12LT the passenger does not like the size or comfort?? of the K12 GT seat. I have Russelized both and the passenger still wants the K12LT type seat.
I told her it is doubtful that she can get comfort like on the K12LT on the GT.
Your comments/suggestions are appreciated.

RacerJack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2011, 12:27 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjack
Hello,

I understand the passenger seats from K12 will fit the K13. My question is there a difference between the K12 and K13 passenger seats? Coming from a K12LT the passenger does not like the size or comfort?? of the K12 GT seat. I have Russelized both and the passenger still wants the K12LT type seat.
I told her it is doubtful that she can get comfort like on the K12LT on the GT.
Your comments/suggestions are appreciated.
You must treat the seats as a passenger/rider pair together. Other than that, any 2006+ K1200GT seat will fit any K1300GT and visa versa.

There were two types of seats made. The first seat type came with 2006 and 2007 models, but only the first half of the 2007 production run. These seats are widely regarded as being awful.

The second seat type came with those K1200GTs made in the second half of the 2007 production run, and all subsequent (2008+) K1200GTs and K1300GTs. These seats are widely regarded as being much better than the 2006 / early 2007 version.

A 2006 rider seat cannot be used with a 2008 passenger seat, and visa versa.

You can always get a custom seat made. Many of us have them and swear they are worth the high cost. You might also try beaded seat covers, sheepskin covers, etc.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2011, 7:57 am
Enthusiast

+1 to what XMagna said. You might also want to consider passenger peg lowers to provide a little more legroom. The top case can make a difference, too -- the angle is different from box to box. That said, once one is use to the spaciousness of the LT (or a Goldwing in our case) you may have a hard time getting you passenger as comfortable on a KGT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 2011, 11:45 am
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Speaking of which, and not to hijack the thread, but if anyone has a GT-2 seat pan they'd like to sell, let me know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode