Rear Tire Broke Loose - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 12:26 am Thread Starter

Rear Tire Broke Loose

I realized after I made the post I put it in the wrong thread, should have paid better attention and picked the GT thread... sorry!
fixed

So I was merging onto a road from a yield lane this afternoon. After laying on the throttle hard I felt the back tire get loose and slide/spin a bit. I didn't look to see if the ASC engaged, it was only for a split second. Hadn't done that before but I was kind of leaning to the right while merging. It was fun!

Not sure if I was feeling a little "throttle happy" because I had watched both MotoGP and WSBK races on TV earlier... The day was beautiful, temp was about 92 degrees. Metzeler Z6 was grippy but not enough to contain the power of the 1200. Whoops.

Man I love riding this bike!

Here it is on Saturday, 8/25/12, on a ride to Marble Falls, TX. Melody rode with me (hence the 2nd helmet).

Dave
2008 K1200GT

Last edited by JCW; Aug 27th, 2012 at 3:49 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 4:12 pm
JCW
contributor

Good thing you didn't pull a Stoner and highside. lol

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 4:55 pm
Addict

You know its because its that FAST color.

I did a two up ride also through the northern Sierras. Only about 1200 miles though.

Lots of fires up there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2012, 6:01 pm
Veteran

Tar snakes maybe? I hit some once and thought the rear tire was loose or going flat. I had to stop and mess with it for a while before I noticed the roadway I was on was full of them. That crack sealer stuff CalTrans uses is sure slippery sometimes.

Mack
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2012, 12:00 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
Tar snakes maybe? I hit some once and thought the rear tire was loose or going flat. I had to stop and mess with it for a while before I noticed the roadway I was on was full of them. That crack sealer stuff CalTrans uses is sure slippery sometimes.

Mack
It's possible but I don't remember seeing any on that road. I'll have to look the next time.

Yeah, Casey took a nasty high side landing on his chest. Lots of guys have been crashing lately. Stupid Max Biaggi took out Leon Haslam at Moscow on Sunday. Darned Aprilia's are just so darned fast!

Dave
2008 K1200GT
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2012, 12:44 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack

Mack
I finally went by that are and noticed that there are a lot of tar snakes. I'm sure that was it.

Dave
2008 K1200GT
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2012, 2:30 pm
Veteran

So we have the obligatory bike pic with mention of a chick but no chick / bike pic?

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2012, 3:47 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_W
So we have the obligatory bike pic with mention of a chick but no chick / bike pic?

Here ya go Robert. Chick, but no bike. Has her leather jacket though.

I had to do some jewelry photo stuff for some motorcycle bling jewelry sales woman and this is what I came up with with the help of the MuaH stylist. Professional NYC model too, and hard to believe she'll soon be 30 years old too. Tough job some days.

Fwiw, this should speed up the site's hit counter a bit like it did to the S1000RR forum's counter jump.

Mack
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2012, 6:25 pm Thread Starter

I didn't see the leather jacket or jewelry until you mentioned it. My GF isn't on this forum (as far as I know). This chick is to die for. I'm about 13 years older but I'm OK with that.

Dave
2008 K1200GT
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2012, 8:43 pm
Veteran

Yeah...looks OK...bit too skinny...but way too young. What the hell would you talk about after 30 seconds?

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode