Fuel costs - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2012, 11:24 am Thread Starter

Garage
Fuel costs

Next time you guys in the US get unhappy with fuel costs ..... spare a thought for those of us in Europe who are bled dry paying for fuel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19489908
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2012, 12:07 pm
Enthusiast

Yeah, first tankful to go over £30 in the GT the other day. £1.41 per litre, Bobbing Rastards.

Tim
------------------

2011 K1300GT
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2012, 12:26 pm
Addict

You tax system is the problem. Taxes pay for a lot of things there that we don't. Of course that statement opens a big hornet's nest but I think that is the main source of the high costs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2012, 1:31 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slparry
Next time you guys in the US get unhappy with fuel costs ..... spare a thought for those of us in Europe who are bled dry paying for fuel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19489908
Don't worry about the difference in fuel costs. The USA is subsidizing your socialized pharmaceutical costs.

In Arizona, some woman recently got stung by a scorpion in her garage. Her cost was around $80,000 for the two small vials of anti-venom ($40,000 each!). Her insurance stopped at $57,000 so she has to pay the difference of $25,000 out of pocket.

Big part of this is across the border in Mexico, the same drug is $100 per vial. Seems for what she paid, she could inoculate 800 people there for what one person in the USA pays.

AZ Republic news on scorpion sting drug costs.

Oh. My recent hospital bill was $350,000 with maybe another $85,000 coming due. Go figger. Need to see bankruptcy lawyer I guess if they go with a home lien.

Some things seem good or worse, depending on where you live. They make it all back somehow. Fuel is a minor detail in life and I'm amazed people dicker over some $2 difference between countries when other things are far more serious financially. That $2 gives you outside benefits you don't see other than at the pump. Try comparing your same drug costs to ours sometimes.

Mack
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2012, 3:23 pm
Enthusiast

Yeah, your right on the drugs thing, I live in Wales in the UK where all prescription drugs are free, whether your a multi millionaire or a hobo, totally daft if you ask me.

Tim
------------------

2011 K1300GT
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2012, 4:20 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special-K
Yeah, your right on the drugs thing, I live in Wales in the UK where all prescription drugs are free, whether your a multi millionaire or a hobo, totally daft if you ask me.

And that's what your high taxes pay for.

Here we don't rage until it happens to ourselves as a individual... then its 'why are things so costly?' while on the other hand when we don't need that help we scream about those taxes.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2012, 7:41 pm
Veteran

Part of me wants $10 + a gallon gas. Then maybe we'd stop WASTING so much of it and focus a bit more on the future of our energy needs. Not to mention F'ing up the planet while we're at it. (I know I'm hypocritical as hell cause I ain't giving up gas any time soon.) The supply is not gonna last for ever and the Chi Coms and Indians are all wanting more more more.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 6:59 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
But they're not free, they're paid for from income tax, RFL and NI contributions.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 7:00 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
Don't worry about the difference in fuel costs. The USA is subsidizing your socialized pharmaceutical costs.

In Arizona, some woman recently got stung by a scorpion in her garage. Her cost was around $80,000 for the two small vials of anti-venom ($40,000 each!). Her insurance stopped at $57,000 so she has to pay the difference of $25,000 out of pocket.

Big part of this is across the border in Mexico, the same drug is $100 per vial. Seems for what she paid, she could inoculate 800 people there for what one person in the USA pays.

AZ Republic news on scorpion sting drug costs.

Oh. My recent hospital bill was $350,000 with maybe another $85,000 coming due. Go figger. Need to see bankruptcy lawyer I guess if they go with a home lien.

Some things seem good or worse, depending on where you live. They make it all back somehow. Fuel is a minor detail in life and I'm amazed people dicker over some $2 difference between countries when other things are far more serious financially. That $2 gives you outside benefits you don't see other than at the pump. Try comparing your same drug costs to ours sometimes.

Mack
The US is not subsidising the UK's NHS, the NHS pays billions to the drug companies and is I believe one of the worlds largest single employers!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17429786
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 9:07 pm

Quote:
Yeah, first tankful to go over £30 in the GT the other day. £1.41 per litre, Bobbing Rastards.

U think thats high?

1.45 liter for 94 octane premium here in my part of Canada!

...but hey...no corn meal in it at least..

kbikeinbc
07 Kgt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode