Hi from a new owner of a K1200GT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 7:54 am Thread Starter
Noob

Hi from a new owner of a K1200GT

I recently joined the GT club and the forum and wanted to say hello to fellow riders. I spent a lot of time on this forum learning about the bike and what to watch out for when buying pre- owned. I wound up buying from a dealer here in Tampa, FL and was able to get an extended warranty, which makes me feel much better about the bike. Have put on about 100 miles so far, just got it yesterday, and love the bike. I look forward to years of enjoyment and hopefully meeting fellow riders that may live in SW Florida.

My fiancé and I are already planning a trip up to Blood Mountain, GA and Tail of the Dragon later this month. Anyone in the area that wants to go ride feel free to message me.

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 8:53 am
Addict

welcome and yes they are great bike's ,glad you did your research and a lil warranty cant hurt either ,love mine everytime i climb on her enjoy ,get some pics of the dragon ,my buddy just did that on his ducati!!

i've spent most my money on bike's boat's and broad's the rest i've wasted..
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 10:10 am
Veteran

Welcome. Enjoy the ride.

FWIW skip the dragon for anything other than a cheesy tourist shot to say you've been there. Has to be the single most over hyped POS road I've ever ridden. You'll never get out of second gear and by the time you're 5 minutes into it ...it's old real quick. Full of wanna be riders, inexperienced rise rocket kids and posers. And cops. If you want some real bike roads...head west.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:18 pm
Addict

yeah what he said....

Utah has some great roads, Colorado, Nevada for fast straight-aways, and the California Sierras.

Go West Young Man
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Addict

utah is awesome but most definately head west to so cal ,best riding around year round!!!

i've spent most my money on bike's boat's and broad's the rest i've wasted..
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 3:02 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Thanks for the heads up. For my first long trip on the bike I think the Smoky's will do. A trip out West would be one heck of an adventure though. It is something I have wanted to check off my list for awhile now and combined with other outdoor adventures, will make for a nice vacation.

Just got done riding today and never knew errands could be so fun. Went through 2/3 of a tank riding around Tampa Bay and getting to know my GT.

Once I figure out how to post pics I will. I'm sure in the next few weeks I will have plenty.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 5:11 pm
Addict

adn then there's the Canadian Rockies and Wyoming and.....
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 6:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmwrs
adn then there's the Canadian Rockies and Wyoming and.....
Alaska is just little bit further...

2016 R1200 GSA, 2007 K1200 GT, 1981 CBX, 1975 Norton, 1968 Moto Guzzi
The Banks Tour - Fair to Outer
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2012, 10:15 pm
Enthusiast

Garage
Just head Northeast from the Dragon area about 110 miles past Johnson City and Bristol, TN

That Northeast area of TN has a lot of fun roads and not as many "lights on top cars"
US421, US58, US321, TN91, NC88, TN91,
NC181 near the Blue Ridge Parkway, not as patrolled
any area from Shady Valley TN down toward Banner Elk, NC are all good.
Spend some time with your mapping program.

Out west is great fun too, more "no mistake" roads with the chance for serious altitude changes, if you run off the road. Here in the east, the trees stop you sooner.

The first few passes in Colorado had my wife looking to the mountain side till we were at a lower elevation

'07 K1200GT Crystal Gray Metalic
'00 Ducati 900 Monster
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2012, 1:08 am
Enthusiast

WVA is loaded with great roads. Just remember, a lot of the county "roads" are for a GS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode