2007 k1200gt Battery - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 2012, 10:00 pm Thread Starter
Noob

2007 k1200gt Battery

Found a matt glass battery physically the correct size manual says 19 amp hour this one at tri state batterys is a 18 amp hour.Should this be ok.Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 2012, 4:01 am
Veteran

Yeah if you're not looking for the absolute optimum battery and this one is a deal and your mainly concerned with price, yes this will get the job done.

"No problem is so big or so complicated that it can't be run away from"

Dark Graphite: Making bikes faster for over 40 years.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 2012, 6:39 am
Rookie

I have been using an odyssey battery for years from one bike to another and it works and best and has fantastic reviews. You can find them decently priced online and i think your bike would take the pc680. Its just something to consider with its fantastic reliability.

09 K1300GT
06 K1200R (sold)
05 R1200GS (sold)
99 K1200LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 2012, 9:59 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dirtygs
I have been using an odyssey battery for years from one bike to another and it works and best and has fantastic reviews. You can find them decently priced online and i think your bike would take the pc680. Its just something to consider with its fantastic reliability.
+1 to the Odyssey. Countless K1200GT owners have switched to this robust battery with fantastic results. Do a search online and find a site that has the best price, including shipping. You can save a few $$$ if you take the time to do your homework.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 6:38 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Battery advise

Thank you for the input.Have a good day. Jack
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 2013, 7:34 pm

I'm just about ready to order a Odyssey PC680 battery for my '08 K1200GT and was wondering if I need to order the SAE terminals or L terminal adapters?

Thanks in advance and sorry for such a basic question - didn't see anything in my searches on the form...

"CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?"
Jeff Guntert - Schenectady, NY
2008 K1200GT
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 2013, 8:40 pm
Addict

i find that the less you ride your motorcycle the better battery you will need !!!the factory one provided work's great as long as you either trickle or ride and replace every 3 years regardless ,this works for me..

i've spent most my money on bike's boat's and broad's the rest i've wasted..
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2013, 11:09 pm

Battery Decisions

I have not had good luck with the OEM battery in my GTs. The one in my 07 lasted just over two years and likewise for my current 08. The bikes are ridden quite often, but they never sit for more than a week (I go into a slight funk). The only indication of a weak battery is slow cranking. I will not wait for this to happen again.
My next choice will be the Shorai Li Fe PO. I have inquired about the "low temp" issues and Shorai rep indicated that once the ignition is on for a minute or two, it will warm due to current flow and start handily. Of course So. Cal is not subject to much of this, but where I travel it often gets into the 20s. We will see next winter.
Good luck on your decision.
EJ
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2013, 9:09 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonJeff
I'm just about ready to order a Odyssey PC680 battery for my '08 K1200GT and was wondering if I need to order the SAE terminals or L terminal adapters?

Thanks in advance and sorry for such a basic question - didn't see anything in my searches on the form...
The only difference I think from the standard to the SAE is the threads. the standard is a metric thread the SAE uses imperial. The L adapters came with mine, but were not needed.

I replaced the original OEM battery in my 08 GT last year for no other reason than i just felt the OEM was pushing the limits of its life. I had an Odyssey in my previous bike and it went over nine years and was still going strong when I replaced it for peace of mind.

Ed Miller,
Calgary, AB, Canada
2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2013, 7:15 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes-ss
i find that the less you ride your motorcycle the better battery you will need !!!the factory one provided work's great as long as you either trickle or ride and replace every 3 years regardless ,this works for me..
Agreed. Even if you tender I've found this is the case. Some of my bikes just have cheapo batteries because there is a two year warranty from my local battery shop and they will die prior. Those bikes I never take out of state but my bmws all get oem's or odyessy. I bought my first odyessy for the GT six months ago. lets hope I get good service. I noticed that I can't use my battery tender with them though. I have to buy an optima or something with higher amps if I want to tend it. That's ok- I wanted to buy a better tender anyway.

Stu over on the aprilia forum was one of the first to review a shorai years ago. He's also a fellow caponord owner. He had some great findings. Let me see if I can dig up the thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode