ABS Pump Failure - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2012, 6:51 pm Thread Starter
Noob

ABS Pump Failure

I have a 2007 K1200GT with a bad ABS pump (brake failure light on). Has anyone had recent experience with a repair from modulemaster. I'm thinking of trying the repair myself. Has anyone had success with bleeding the brakes after they install the module?
Thanks for the advise, Dave
Great info on this forum !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2012, 9:52 am
Enthusiast

Multiple threads can be found with a search.
As for doing it yourself vs. Module Masters.... It seems that $150 plus a year warranty is worth keeping your sanity..(at least it is for me + I'll support a business that supports us). Not to mention the unit (the motor to the valve body is factory/machined pressed and sealed. The failure part is usually the brushes in the motor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2012, 11:37 am Thread Starter
Noob

Sorry I guess I didn't word that right. I certainly don't want to repair the module myself. I was hoping someone may respond who did the R&R and bleed the brakes and if they had any difficulty or tricks bleeding the brakes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2012, 9:37 am
Noob

Abs

A couple of months ago I fixed my 2007 K1200GT ABS myself and reinstalled it. It was the brushes. I bled the system and there is still a little air in the front system as I can hear what sounds like bubbles going through a small orifice inside the ABS when I squeeze the brake!

I will rebleed and instead of having the caliper bleed screw open and then pumping the front brake, I will first pump the brake handle to squeeze the air (and make the noise above) then open the bleed screw to let the pressure out. I suspect there is a little air locked in there.

Apparently there is a mode with the computer tool one can connect to the bike that will open up some internal ABS valve to allow better bleeding.

Worst case for you is to get the dealer to do the final bleed (which I may have to do) and that is sure a lot least than the $3000 it would have cost me for a dealer installed new ABS here in Canada!!

Dennis
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2012, 3:24 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Dennis
Thanks for the reply
Dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode