K1200GT Service Bulletins - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 3:35 pm Thread Starter
Noob

K1200GT Service Bulletins

Now that I have started to double check the condition of my fine BMW machine and its maintenance over the past number of years can anyone tell me if there is a link available to all of the previous service bulletins associated with my 07 K1200GT.

Are there any mapping upgrades that improve performance or mileage?

It is in currently getting the chain guard fix and working on replacing the clutch with the K1300 version after 53.000km on the original one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2013, 6:18 pm
Rookie

When your dealer punches in the VIN, it will tell him all campaigns, recalls and service due. If he doesn't tell you then there's an issue. You can also call bmw NA and they can tell you. Great bunch. Btw- I used to live in Newmarket. ;-)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:46 am Thread Starter
Noob

Thank you for this tip. New owners and staff at dealer so I need to regain trust. We usually come down the Blue Ridge Parkway early June. Any favorite roads to share in NC or Virginia?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2013, 3:45 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen
Thank you for this tip. New owners and staff at dealer so I need to regain trust. We usually come down the Blue Ridge Parkway early June. Any favorite roads to share in NC or Virginia?

The eastern portion of NC is flat and straight...hence that's why it's "NC" which translates into "No Curves"
I always head up to the WV/VA border area where 250 & 33 are. There are plenty of county roads that provide entertainment. When looking at county "roads" in WV make sure they are the paved ones...WV uses the term "road" verrry loosely. Many of which I head up to with the DRZ400.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2013, 9:23 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen

Plenty. I have a house at mile marker 199. I know the area very well all the way to grandfather mountain. PM me and I can share some routes. Even from Barrie to the parkway. ;-)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2013, 10:20 am Thread Starter
Noob

Thank you sir, I will reconnect before we are ready to head down. I just found out I won a GoPro3 at the Toronto Bike show from the good sponsors of a booth from WV Morgantown Convention and Visitors Bureau. That is usually the route we take to get to BRP. Wahoo. First time ever winning anything. Wife usually gets the prizes. "Have camera on bike, will travel."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2013, 9:45 am

You can look up recalls and service bulletins for any US road vehicle at safercar.gov.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode