Time to sell it. Any regrets from those that have? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2013, 4:57 pm Thread Starter
Veteran
 
Robert_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Troy, MT, USA
Posts: 1,658
Time to sell it. Any regrets from those that have?

Well guys. Just listed mine in the classifieds here:

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showth...294#post192294

Don't want to take up space here but I know this gets more looks. (Hope I'm not breaking a rule by linking it here)

I do want to know though. All you guys that have sold it. Do you ever miss it? Geez. Kind of like getting out of a good love hate relationship. The new bike ...GSA...gets all the attention now ...but I almost feel guilty selling the GT. Almost

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!


Robert_W is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2013, 5:53 pm
Addict
 
mikes-ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: oceanside, ca, usa
Posts: 430
i'm thinking of doing the same .probably going with the f800gt ,light more nimble and brand new with warranty
did'nt have any issues with my kgt love the bike but i think the 800gt will be alittle more fun in the tisties but yet a nice little tourer aswell...we'll see good luck on the sale.

i've spent most my money on bike's boat's and broad's the rest i've wasted..
mikes-ss is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2013, 12:54 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lake Wylie, SC, USA
Posts: 179
No regrets. None, period. One of the happiest days in my motorcycle history was seeing the tail light of the GT heading west to Texas with its new owner.

2013 Honda Goldwing F6B
1970 Norton Commando
820,000+ miles on 2 wheels in 39 years

Past experience: 2012 Victory Vision, 2011 Triumph Sprint GT, 2007 K1200GT 88,000 miles and rebuilt, 51 Vincent Special, 08 B-King, 07 Redneck Undresser, 06 K1200 S (final drive failure), 04 ST1300, 04 Hyabusa, 04 Aprilia Futura, 00 Softail, 98 Buell S3T, 98 Electra Glide, 97 Electra Glide, 94 Low Rider, 92 Fatboy, 91 FXRP, 90 Buell RS 1200, 83 Electra Glide, 83 XL Roadster, 74 XLCH, 74 Triumph TR5T plus 6 custom built Hard Tail Choppers!
1951vbs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2013, 3:52 pm
Enthusiast
 
dpancerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Garland, Texas, USA
Posts: 291
Well, not to sound like a complainer but I miss my old 2008 GT immensely. I traded it in for a 2012 K1600GT. Shouldn't I be the luckiest guy in the world? Technically so, but the K1600 is just such a large and ponderous bike. I had no trouble throwing the K1200GT around my garage with little or no effort. The new bike weighs a metric ton and backing it inside the garage is a workout! I'm also having difficulty getting a comfortable knee angle on the K1600 even after I had my seat re-done by Ron at KonTour. Don't get me wrong, the moment you jump to light speed with that amazing six cylinder engine all bets are off. And the new GT takes corners effortlessly giving the impression of a much lighter and nimble ride. Maybe it's because I shared so many good times with the K12GT. Kind of like that favorite girlfriend that I let get away.....
dpancerz is offline  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2013, 6:03 pm
Enthusiast
 
Bandera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Cedar Park, TX, USA
Posts: 377
My will go up for sale next year and I'll know I'll miss it.

Yes, it has been the most intense bike and most expensive bike from a maintenance perspective ( self serviced ), but it has been one of the best all around motorcycles I've owned.

Ergonomically it is a perfect fit and I know of no other large touring bike that has that neck snapping passing capability in the 80-120 mph range.

I too have been looking at the K1600 as a replacement but cannot get past the fact that it is a whale and will come with the same maintenance requirements of my current bike - perhaps even more.

So I will likely go back to the boxer line. A new water boxer is potentially in my future. It will be at least 100 pounds lighter than the new K16 with nearly the same power to weight ratio and a much easier maintenance schedule.

Cheers!
Bandera is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Addict
 
mikes-ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: oceanside, ca, usa
Posts: 430
well the 800gt aint going to cut it ..so keeping the k ,i love it each time i ride it especially after test riding other bike's and for a 6 year old she is still cutting edge and smooth as a baby's ass
hardest thing for me is that any other bike is a step down but they keep pushing that GS so i'm still debating..

i've spent most my money on bike's boat's and broad's the rest i've wasted..
mikes-ss is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2013, 7:22 pm
Enthusiast
 
remphoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: , , USA
Posts: 213
Do I miss it? In a word, "NO!" Best thing I ever did (besides getting married and having kids).

2010 Honda Goldwing and Uni-go Trailer
2009 BMW K1300GT -- Gone
2006 HD VRSCR (Street Rod) -- Gone
1999 BMW R1100RT -- Gone
1982 Yamaha Seca 750 -- Gone

Iron Butt Association Member #48063
remphoto is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2013, 9:36 pm Thread Starter
Veteran
 
Robert_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Troy, MT, USA
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes-ss
well the 800gt aint going to cut it ..so keeping the k ,i love it each time i ride it especially after test riding other bike's and for a 6 year old she is still cutting edge and smooth as a baby's ass
hardest thing for me is that any other bike is a step down but they keep pushing that GS so i'm still debating..
The GSA is a sweet machine. Only thing I miss is for me 95% of the time it's all the power I need. The other 5% I probably shouldn't be using in the first place!

Go for it. It's a whole new world.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!


Robert_W is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2013, 10:30 pm
Addict
 
mikes-ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: oceanside, ca, usa
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_W
The GSA is a sweet machine. Only thing I miss is for me 95% of the time it's all the power I need. The other 5% I probably shouldn't be using in the first place!

Go for it. It's a whole new world.
ya probably will have it by saturday ,i'll post some pics ,i will miss the k ,best bike for me so far but i like your statement about the power ...spot on.

i've spent most my money on bike's boat's and broad's the rest i've wasted..
mikes-ss is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2013, 8:30 pm
Addict
 
mikes-ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: oceanside, ca, usa
Posts: 430
well the 07gt is gone ..not because of any problem's infact it was the best bike i've ever had .still one of the smoothest and powerful bike's for me ever..until this came ,may not be the fastest but its the most precise....2011gs with 3k on the clock
will miss the k but i can definately do a couple more hundred a day on this badboy
thanks for all the post and info ,i'll keep lurk'n enough to hear "1951vbs"tell me what a great choice i made ...cheers all stay bless
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	605_10151501714053576_1909391278_n.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	14179  

i've spent most my money on bike's boat's and broad's the rest i've wasted..
mikes-ss is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Let's Play....Guess what broke this time? Robert_W K12/1300GT (Next Gen) 40 Jul 10th, 2010 5:21 pm
Border to Border Ride Trip Report XMagnaRider Southern California 8 Jul 19th, 2009 6:36 pm
Thread Time stamps aa3jy Community Help 5 Nov 17th, 2005 5:54 pm
Time Wildbeast K1200RS/GT (Classic) 7 Nov 3rd, 2005 6:51 am

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome