Brake Light Modulator - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 2013, 6:54 am Thread Starter
Noob

Brake Light Modulator

Do you folks know where / if there is a brake light modification that can be inserted into the stock brake light assembly that would add a flashing function when the brakes are applied?

I have such a thing on my '11 GS and it's great plus it's a clean and simple install.

Thanks,

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 2013, 10:03 am
Enthusiast

If you are referring to the LED "cards" that fit in the housing and plug into the bulb socket then , no (I also had one on my 1150GS). I have seen them for the earlier GT but not the later ones.
You can check Hyperlites or P3. I don't know how much room is inside the lens that you would have to work with. P3s are larger and would have to go outside. They have different programmable brake/flash patterns.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 2013, 11:05 am

I opted for the BMW third brake light that flashes then goes solid on when you hit the brakes. I haven't seen an "internal" solution and would guess it's due to the CanBus system...

Hyperlights would be another good option - again to avoid CanBus issues...

Jeff

"CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?"
Jeff Guntert - Schenectady, NY
2008 K1200GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 2013, 2:37 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonJeff

Hyperlights would be another good option - again to avoid CanBus issues...

Jeff
I love my hyperlights. You can tap into the alarm wiring to get power so you don't have to relay back to your battery.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 2013, 2:37 pm

Skene Designs P3 lights. Mount next to license plate, works with CanBus, programmable for a variety of braking or hazard flashing via the front brake lever. And, the guy stands behind his stuff.

Just a satisfied customer,

GTRider
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2013, 1:19 pm

another vote for the skene based upon my research (I still haven't decided)

I wanted the Tailblazer to work in the worst way, but as somebody mentioned its "not quite ready for primetime"

all the reading you'll want to do here:

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15612

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14397

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12463

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18068
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2013, 6:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSteve
Do you folks know where / if there is a brake light modification that can be inserted into the stock brake light assembly that would add a flashing function when the brakes are applied?

I have such a thing on my '11 GS and it's great plus it's a clean and simple install.

Thanks,

Steve
I purchased the Kisan Tailblazer lights from Pirates Lair 2 weeks back and they work like a charm. It took all of 10 mins to remove the 2 taillight screws, remove and replace the 2 lightbulbs and replace the lens. It couldnt have been any simpler.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2013, 5:20 pm
Rookie

I just installed the Custom Dynamics one on my K1600 and it works great. I presume the brake light will work the same for the K1200gt. It doesn't need power as it goes inline with the existing brake light wire. You need to cut the wire and splice in the module with supplied Posi-Lock connectors. No Canbus problems

It costs about $50 and you can choose 8 different patterns. See Custom Dynamics It is the Universal one. They make plug and play for a few other manufacturers

Brian Louw
2013 K1600GT Light Grey Metallic
2011 R1200GSA
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2013, 10:37 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by blouw
I just installed the Custom Dynamics one on my K1600 and it works great. I presume the brake light will work the same for the K1200gt. It doesn't need power as it goes inline with the existing brake light wire. You need to cut the wire and splice in the module with supplied Posi-Lock connectors. No Canbus problems

It costs about $50 and you can choose 8 different patterns. See Custom Dynamics It is the Universal one. They make plug and play for a few other manufacturers
looked on their website, and didn't see "universal". Exactly which one did you install?
got any pics? sounds interesting.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2013, 2:08 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by three_west
looked on their website, and didn't see "universal". Exactly which one did you install?
got any pics? sounds interesting.
Modulator page

This one: MAGIC-STROBES-UNV

For pictures and video try K1600 Forum Brake Modulator

Brian Louw
2013 K1600GT Light Grey Metallic
2011 R1200GSA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode