Power Commander Question - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2013, 9:35 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Power Commander Question

08 GT.....After running on the interstate for many miles (using cruise control for most of it) I come into towns or side streets and the bucking, lurching, surging starts. I perform the reset on the throttle using the key on-twist and release method and the bike once again, behaves.
Will the Power Commander or the Booster Plug resolve the issue?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2013, 9:17 pm
Veteran

For sure the PCIII will fix that. I have one on my 07 KS.

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2013, 9:37 am
Addict

Devices like the PC or Booster Plug are designed to fine-tune fuel management, not resolve mechanical defects or running problems (which is what you seem to have.) Fix the underlying problem first, then decide if you need any add-ons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2013, 5:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller
Devices like the PC or Booster Plug are designed to fine-tune fuel management, not resolve mechanical defects or running problems (which is what you seem to have.) Fix the underlying problem first, then decide if you need any add-ons.
I have been running the PC-V with the auto tune in my 06 for a year now.
Worked with a lot of different maps over the year. I have not had it dyno tested but have gone off other peoples maps.
I know have a map that only hits my trouble spots and leave the rest to BMW base map.
Trouble spots being idle to 3500 rpm 0 to 10 percent throttle.
I was stalling constantly coming to a stop and pulling in the clutch, hesitation at 3000 rps and bucking. Very smooth now has not stalled for a while now (fingers crossed).
I did not get the auto tune to juice it up but just to make the dam thing drivable, dealer was of no help, ran through all the "fix's" nothing worked. Added boostplug that helped some what. Added auto command and so far so good.
Hey I do have a boostplug for sale now though.
Kevin
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2013, 7:41 am
Noob

KGK1200GT,
Will you please post the part #s for the PCV and auto tune as the sales folks can't seem to find a listing for my 06 K1200GT.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2013, 11:39 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by swede0030
KGK1200GT,
Will you please post the part #s for the PCV and auto tune as the sales folks can't seem to find a listing for my 06 K1200GT.
You would be using the same unit as the 1200 R or S models.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2013, 6:10 pm

This is the thread I got the ifo from.
you can do a search for PC-V the look for vroom vroom.

Originally Posted by doc52
Just got back from Redline Performance Motors in Yorktown, Va. Dave Lillard installed the PC-V ( Model# 12-007) designed for the K1300S on my 2009, K1300 GT. I didn't expect more power, all I wanted was to smooth out the throttle response due to the EuroStandard overlean fuel mapping. Dave remedied that and dynotuned it at the same time for the grand sum of $308. Mission accomplished, very smooth idle, quick throttle response especially at low speeds around town where split-second decisions and throttle response is mandatory. All together, ended up with 6 more ponies at the rear tire
-> 148 rather than 142 and 3 more lb/ft of torque at the rear tire ->91 rather than 88. But though the overall numbers don't seem like much, I wasn't interested in getting more power, this bike has always been crazy-fast. It was more about getting the throttle response improved which I am very pleased with! Give Dave a shout if you're interested, tell him Doc sent you! His tele# is (757) 989-5000. Stay safe out there. -Dr Ron

Just saw this thread from almost two years ago and I'm wondering if the PC V Model 12-007 for the K12S is a straight-up match for the K13GT? The PC dealers out there say there is no PC made for the K13GT, but if the model for the S works, I'm all over it. Thanks....
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by moymurfs
You would be using the same unit as the 1200 R or S models.

Not the1200 R or S
It is for the K1200 R or S.
direct fit to the k1300gt
I put it in my 2006 k1200gt and it works perfect as well.
install ....you have to have tools and knowlege of this bike to do it yourself.

Kevin
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2013, 6:29 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller
Based on his short description of his problems, that is exactly what my bike did as well as dozens of K bikes on this and the I-BMW forum. The PC III should fix this because BMW won't or can't.

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2013, 7:47 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGK1200GT
Not the1200 R or S
It is for the K1200 R or S.
direct fit to the k1300gt
I put it in my 2006 k1200gt and it works perfect as well.
install ....you have to have tools and knowlege of this bike to do it yourself.

Kevin

My bad, that's what I meant a K bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode