service reset and I am BACK - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2013, 12:47 pm Thread Starter

service reset and I am BACK

Been a long time since I posted here, forgive me I bought a car. Hope I can be forgiven for buying a car but in my defence its Italian, usually Red but mine is Blue and with a little horsey on the front and back, along with a super high revving V8, it became my daily driver since March and the GT was parked.

Luckily the GT was parked about 200 miles after its oil change so its ready to go but I have the service light on, not going to re-change the oil this soon. I have always tended to ride more in the cold then summer anyway since I ride fully geared up, but this time I put ZERO miles on the bike since March.

I am going to break down and buy a GS-911 (and I have sent them a e-mail asking this but no reply yet), I want to make sure that if I buy the blutooth version it will work on a mac laptop running Win7, they mention parallels on their website but only for the USB and don't specifially say the blutooth will work on mac running Win7. Otherwise I will save some money and buy the USB only version (need to save cash, the car gets only 11MPG). Anyone here running Parallels on a mac using blutooth GS-911 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2013, 2:17 am

Buy the Bluetooth version anyway!
I use mine with my smartphone ALL THE TIME. It's worth the extra fifty bucks.
However, the extra functions (like resetting the service reminder) DO require a laptop. That one set of menus is not available on the smartphone app. At least not on the Android app.
Still, you will have other reasons to use the Bluetooth. Better to spend the money now than to regret it later.
Besides...the extra money is like a half a tank of gas in your new ride; you won't miss it! And you were probably real happy to spend it! HAHA! Just wait until you have to buy tires for that beast...

P.S., there's no rush to reset the service reminder. It's just a date stamp, it won't affect the operation of the bike. I think mine is on right now as well, I've just been putting it off.

Last edited by robday; Nov 5th, 2013 at 2:19 am. Reason: addition
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2013, 4:27 pm Thread Starter

Unfortunately, my smartphone is a iphone which wont work with the bluetooth version.

But I did get a confirmation from the makers of the GS-911 that the bluetooth will work on my mac running Win7 through Parallel, so the bluetooth makes sense.

They also said they have a iphone version coming late 1st quarter 2014 and the current version will not be compatible (new device in other words). I don't want to wait that long, so i am getting one now. The GT is back to being my daily for a while and its time I got the GS-911. I don't take my laptop with me on the road so I wont be able to connect on the road but that should be ok.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode