BMW Website Says April! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2006, 12:01 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

BMW Website Says April!

http://bmwmotorcycles.com/bikes/bike.jsp?b=k1200gt

But then again, AVAILABLE can have some different meanings, and April 30th is indeed April. But, nice to see in print. Site fleshed out by Miles Miller.

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2006, 2:37 pm
Enthusiast

Hey John,

Sory to disappoint, but it will not be at the dealers until June.
I'll be riding it in May. Will advise. Chicago BMW has already sold 10!

Regards,

Motorman
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2006, 2:48 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Hey John,

Regards,

Motorman
How come your info is so dead-on? BMW Daytona says April and they allege to be biggest in the world, as does the website saying April. Hey, this is Greece . . . we kill the messenger!?

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2006, 3:51 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Hey John,

Regards,

Motorman
SCHADENFREUDE!

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2006, 4:29 pm
Looking for better limits...

John, the GT is "available" at the motorcycle show, too. If it's ambiguous, they're not lying...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2006, 10:01 am
Statmaster

John,

I have again gone back to my sources (3 dealers in 3 different states). All expect their first K1200GTs in late May. The information I have is the following:
  • The first round of GTs to arrive will be all loaded up with the bells and whistles (in May)
  • They will be staged on both the east and west coast, as to arrive at the dealers at nearly the same time
  • Build to order instructions will arrive at the dealers in late April/early May
  • Any build to order units WILL NOT arrive until late June at the earliest -- so if you want to opt out of ESA or Cruise Control or configure it YOUR WAY, you'll just have to wait.
  • Dealer allocations will be based on the number of K1200S/R bikes that were sold. So if your dealer didn't buy into the S/R hype and didn't sell very many, they won't be getting very many GTs.
  • Of the 3 dealers I talk to on a regular basis, one has 13 paid deposits, another has 11, and the last has 7, so it looks like the GT is slated to be a sales winner.
That's all the info I have at this time. I need to get down to my dealer to see if the material that was supposed to be sent after the dealer meeting had arrived. I've been buried at work, so I haven't been by in over a week.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2006, 4:30 pm
Statmaster

More information as of a few minutes ago...
  • Just as we saw with the launch of the K1200S, we again will see one (1) unit shipped to all dealers to arrive on or about the same date. This date seems to be the early to mid part of May, but I was told no promises.
  • Dealers will be asked to hold on to that unit for display/demo purposes - yeah right!
  • In the following weeks, dealers will receive an allottment (but nobody would say what it was based on) of bikes. That will be the last set of bikes that will arrive before the second wave and "configure to order" bikes start arriving in late June/early July.
The person I talked to also told me there are only 2 GTs in the US today, but more should arrive in time for Daytona Bike Week. There was no indication whether or not bikes would be available for riding at Bike Week.

Mission for John P -- can you confirm with Daytona whether or not the GTs will be at Bike Week and will be available for test rides?

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2006, 5:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
The person I talked to also told me there are only 2 GTs in the US today, but more should arrive in time for Daytona Bike Week. There was no indication whether or not bikes would be available for riding at Bike Week.
I hate to burst y'alls bubble, but the dealer rep I talked to last week said there are only two of the new GTs in the country and they are only for show. The guys in the US would give their left nut to have more to demo. I think this whole idea of bikes for demo at Daytona is just wishful thinking. I hope I am wrong.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2006, 5:28 pm
"DELIVERS"

Cool April, May, June....

WHO CARES!!!!
It ain't gonna look any better in April than it will in June!
On the other hand....sooner the better..... y'all buy up the inventory so BMW can get a restyled GT to us sooner!

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2006, 5:40 pm

Quote:
WHO CARES!!!!
It ain't gonna look any better in April than it will in June!
On the other hand....sooner the better..... y'all buy up the inventory so BMW can get a restyled GT to us sooner!
Whoa, buddy. Feeling a little inadequate, are we? I'm sure all you naysayers will keep repeating the same thing until your girly ass gets waxed by the 152 HP from the new GT.

Can I get some popcorn for the show?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode