Bmw Moa - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2013, 11:08 pm Thread Starter

Bmw Moa

Curious here but wonder if I am the only one that has cancelled my subscription. In the beginning, sort of liked the articles and somewhat interested in the tech pages. But over the last 'couple a years it seems like its all about the GS crowd, endless old school airhead fix it articles and "I rode x number of million miles on my RT " and took pictures of it type stories.
Nothing about the K bikes, and lord forbid an article on a KS.
Anyway, seems like they are heading for an older calmer, more responsible crowd.
.....guess I am out...any one else?

Kbikeinbc
07 Kgt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2013, 11:23 pm
Enthusiast

About 5 years ago, I got fed up. Agree with all you said, but I can condense my disgust with the magazine down to one word. "Shiva".

Richie
04 K12GT
89K100RS (Gone, but not forgotten)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2013, 1:26 am
IBR# 366

So write the article that you want to read, then submit it.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2013, 10:19 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meese
So write the article that you want to read, then submit it.
Whaaa?....If one wrote the article why would they want to read it (I mean other than proofreading). I read articles because they have some essence of entertainment, information, similar interests etc. that provide a view that I didn't have before I started. Getting your own published kinda seems like reading "What I did This Summer" over and over.
What kbikeinbc wants(IMO) is for others to pen, and the mag to publish, some articles on stuff he (and us) can relate to. On the flip-side of that is the simple fact that we are fewer in number due to our model preference, as are KS people. Not to mention it's hard to write a captivating article when your bike is having the ABS, engine, final drive, fuel strip, clutch plates etc replaced so it's in the shop for weeks on end. Since those experiences might be construed as brand bashing, I doubt they would get published with any regularity....if at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.

Last edited by moymurfs; Dec 17th, 2013 at 7:30 pm.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2013, 11:46 am
IBR# 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by moymurfs
I read articles because they have some essence of entertainment, information, similar interests etc. that provide a view that I didn't have I didn't have before I started.

What kbikeinbc wants(IMO) is for others to pen, and the mag to publish, some articles on stuff he (and us) can relate to.
And where do you think those articles come from? Who are these "Others"?

We are, that's who. If you and I and kbikeinbc each write an article, then that's three articles that can be published, two of which I haven't read yet and that can be entertaining and informative.

What you're really saying is "They don't provide any content that interests me, and neither I or any of my friends can be bothered to provide anything ourselves, so it all just sucks."

So you can walk away and whinge about it., or you can do something to change it for the better.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2013, 6:15 pm

Who peed in Ken's Cherios?

Un-used mirror hole mounting posts AVAILABLE

Check it out here!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2013, 6:25 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meese
And where do you think those articles come from? Who are these "Others"?

We are, that's who. If you and I and kbikeinbc each write an article, then that's three articles that can be published, two of which I haven't read yet and that can be entertaining and informative.

What you're really saying is "They don't provide any content that interests me, and neither I or any of my friends can be bothered to provide anything ourselves, so it all just sucks."

So you can walk away and whinge about it., or you can do something to change it for the better.
And, if you want to guarantee that it will be published, Write an article on how to remove 2 cylinders and the water cooling on a K-bike.

Richie
04 K12GT
89K100RS (Gone, but not forgotten)
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2013, 6:44 pm
Enthusiast

I think I may have missed something .. I don't see how my reply was whining in any way... You told him to write an article he wants to see. Unless he was narcissistic I wouldn't think he wants to read his own stuff........SPOILER ALERT! He knows how it's going to end! My statement about reading articles was a general one. It had nothing to do with the MOA mag. I, in no way, am bashing the MOA mag because my exposure to it is limited.

"What you're really saying is "They don't provide any content that interests me, and neither I or any of my friends can be bothered to provide anything ourselves, so it all just sucks."
Umm No. That may be your interpretation of his post but I don't think "it all just sucks". I currently don't get the mag so it really doesn't suck at all..to me.

I agree, people who have time and not-so-common experiences on their hands should submit articles (if they so wish).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2013, 6:53 pm Thread Starter

Whoa...guess I hit a nerve.
No offence fellows but the point I was trying to make was the 'magazine' has let me down. I get what your saying about being part of the answer by taking part in articles and such.
That said...been to the rallys, Done the volunteer thing there. So ya..,,,I have done my bit. Don't get me wrong...some really good people there and met good friends. But its the magazine that's letting me down, and maybe that's part of the overall organization..dunno.
What I do know if that I had subscribed to BMW moa....not Air/Oil head Rt monthly. and I guess that's my issue.

Kbikeinbc
07 Kgt
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2013, 9:13 pm
IBR# 366

Just getting tired of folks who are better at complaining than anything else.

MOA has always been Airhead heavy. RA is a bit better in that, but they have their own biases.

Maybe I could've phrased it better, but you can either complain, or you can try and make the changes you want to see.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode