Introductions - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2014, 1:56 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Introductions

Greetings Gentleman,

I will hopefully be joining the fold after this weekend. Looking at purchasing a 2008 K1200GT over in Florida that has 23,650 miles. After 24,000 miles services and taxes I am looking at $9540 which seems like a pretty good deal to me. I have confirmed that the timing chain guard has been installed so I'm good there. Let me know what you think of the price and stop by to introduce yourself.

Clayton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2014, 4:45 pm
Enthusiast

Welcome sir. I don't think there is an issue that hasn't been touched upon here about these bikes. They have great potential but usually need some tweeking to get there. As for your bike/price, sounds like a good deal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Addict

welcome

i've spent most my money on bike's boat's and broad's the rest i've wasted..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2014, 9:43 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes-ss
welcome

Thanks mike-ss.

I thought my father was the only one that knew that saying about bikes, boats, and women haha!

Last edited by Hangtenclayton; Mar 14th, 2014 at 10:51 pm.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2014, 12:11 pm
Addict

Ahhh...the K1200GT....you'll love it and hate it at the same time.

But I can't afford a new bike so....
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2014, 7:13 pm
Addict

Welcome

Hello Clayton,

I hope things work out for you with the purchase. Regardless, welcome to the next gen KGT forum. I'm on the 99% love it side of the fence. The 1% hate it is because I don't get to ride it as often as I would like to. I have a first year 2006 with the power assist braking. I've done the timing chain anti-jump guard and replaced the final drive. Let us know if you get the ride!

John
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2014, 8:35 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John06KGT
Hello Clayton,

I hope things work out for you with the purchase. Regardless, welcome to the next gen KGT forum. I'm on the 99% love it side of the fence. The 1% hate it is because I don't get to ride it as often as I would like to. I have a first year 2006 with the power assist braking. I've done the timing chain anti-jump guard and replaced the final drive. Let us know if you get the ride!

John
Thanks for the welcome John. I have placed a deposit on the bike and after a thorough inspection it will probably be a done deal. I was looking up the service intervals and it says that after 6,000 miles it is every 12,000 miles. So 18,000 then 30,000. However, the dealer selling me the bike said that the 24,000 miles service needed to be taken care of? I wasn't aware of a 24,000 mile service. Is the dealer trying to pull a fast one on me?
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2014, 11:20 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

On Thursday I was convinced I wanted a K1200, by Friday I was on this website and it's now Saturday night and I am scared shitless to go through with the purchase haha. Man, this bike has a laundry list of failures and complaints. I am coming from a F800ST which had its fair share of issues and I was wanting to move past all that. Maybe that means getting something other than a BMW

Maybe a flying brick is in order...DAMN!
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 2014, 9:00 pm
Addict-oholic

Go do it. Don't let all the 'gremlin' shit bother you. just remember, the bad stuff is always posted on the net.; the good stuff is almost never. I had a 2006 for 3 years and loved it. Only one issue, solved by the dealer. I migrated to the 2009, for the better ergonomics and handling for my peculiar issue, living on a sloped driveway. At very slow speeds, I sometimes did a tip over as I was stopping to look at he traffic with my bars slightly turned.
Always stop with the bars straight.
My 2009 has had more issues than the 2006. GO FOR IT.

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 2014, 11:26 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the encouragement Larry. The bike that I placed a deposit on is in Florida (I live in Texas) so I was going to fly out one weekend a ride it back. However, a private seller located in Texas has come into the picture. It is a low mileage 2008 that was only dropped once (like a french rifle hehe!) and the agreed price is $7500. It looks like a pretty solid deal but I will know for sure once I get the service record.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode