Aesop and the appearance of the new K12GT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 6:51 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Aesop and the appearance of the new K12GT

Aesop's Fables:
The Fox and the Grapes

A hungry fox passed below a fine bunch of grapes hanging high from a vine. After trying in vain to jump and reach them he gave up, saying to himself as he walked off, "The grapes looked ripe, but I see now they are quite sour."

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2006, 4:12 am

Cool Nail on head - Wham !

You nailed it, bud!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2006, 9:48 am Thread Starter
Veteran

You're the only one who 'enjoyed' my sardonic humor. Would love to ride in your neck of the woods! Happy motoring and if you get GT first, send me a PM. Regards

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2006, 9:58 am
It janitor

Hey John, seems that there are a LOT of sour grapes around these days. LOL. But I too think you nailed it.

how long do you think until the general opinion is going to turn around? 3 months, 6 months?, 1 year?

I KNOW it will. As soon as the folks can really see the bikes up close and in person it'll change.

Andreas Pleschutznig
Houston, TX
'10 F800GS
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2006, 10:00 am
Veteran

I remember when the K1200RS came out in 98. Everyone whined and cried about how it wasn't as nince as the K1100RS. Now the RS and GT are the most beautiful bikes BMW has ever built. All the crying about the GT sounds like people trying to protect their investment.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2006, 11:17 am Thread Starter
Veteran

I just can't understand the bad-mouthing of the GT. I will even go out on a limb and say that the 12S and 12R will become specialty bikes, perhaps like the vMax, GSXR's, etc. and that the mainstream sport touring bike for BMW will become the 12GT; and, somewhere down the line BMW will continue to be in the touring business and we will see a new LT. IMHO.

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2006, 1:05 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
Aesop's Fables:
The Fox and the Grapes

A hungry fox passed below a fine bunch of grapes hanging high from a vine. After trying in vain to jump and reach them he gave up, saying to himself as he walked off, "The grapes looked ripe, but I see now they are quite sour."
RIGHT ON, JOHN!!

Bob.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2006, 3:16 pm

Remember it's a BMW "Function before form" It's what it rides like and will it fulfill the the reason for its existence. Sure we've all seen "prettier" bikes but ...

Providing it rides well, I'll be buying one. My names down for a test ride in late March.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2006, 10:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
Aesop's Fables:
The Fox and the Grapes

Your sour grapes analogy implies that those with a less than favorable view of this bikes appearance are in some way unable to have one. Frankly, I am one who is still attempting to adjust to the looks of this bike. I am also completely capable of owning one. I am sure my dealer would be more than happy to get me in line for one and I have no problems affording one ( that sounds kind of arrogant...just stating the facts.. ) Some bikes do grow on me and I am always willing to try something different. Hell, my Tuono could be described as "visually challenged" but it is an awesome ride. I guess my point is views regarding the appearance of this bike are valid...at least to my eyes. I got used to the new 999 but they still don't evoke the same feelings that a 916-996-998 do.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2006, 10:55 am

I'm interpreting this fable to mean you put down what you can't get.

That's why I can't stand Elle McPherson or Ferraris.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode