Esa .. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 6:03 am Thread Starter

Garage
Esa ..

At 10,000 miles I had my rear ESA changed under warranty. At 1800 for the part alone I was very pleased to have warranty pick the tab up. Which in part is why I opted later for the extended warranty when the main one ended.

Recently I noticed the rear sagging and suspected the gas had leaked from the unit, sent some pics to the dealers, they agreed, however, the extended warranty only covers shocks to 30,000 miles, and my bike was at 30,800 miles. I pointed out that the shock was replaced at 10k but they answer was it went on the bikes mileage not the shocks mileage. Anyway BMW agreed to do it as a "goodwill" replacement.

So off it goes for replacement, complete rear teardown, but after spending all day at the dealership it won't "talk" to the ZFE.

Took it back the following week for a ZFE flash and the same problem.

Third week they came and collected it so they could hook it up in the week so the factory could connect to it to diagnose the problem.

Just had a phone call from the dealers, turns out the new ESA they fitted was duff from the factory <grrrr> so they're having to order yet another one.

This will not be in until Thursday <sigh> ..... so assuming no further issues I guess there's a slim chance I "may" get it back for the weekend..... I won't hold my breath

Life used to be simpler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 4:44 pm
Enthusiast

I guess if it had to fail it was nice of it to do it while you were only 800 miles over the 30k,, My plan is go with ohlins when it's time for shocks. When properly set up they make a world of difference, plus they are rebuildable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode