Power Commander and LEDs installed - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 2014, 12:23 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Power Commander and LEDs installed

Finally got the PC installed (base map). I have only taken the bike up to fill the tank so I haven't put it through its paces yet in the upper end but I can tell right off the bat that the low speed maneuvering is hell of a lot smoother. Lurching or surging is gone. Before I could mitigate it with clutch but now it seems I don't have to
I also bought some Rigid D2s and LumaLink T-link brackets. All I can say is they are bright as heck. I'm not sure I will be able to use them as night driving lights. My son and I spent a while out in the street readjusting and switching towels around to try to get them in a good spot. They are down on the road but they still throw a good amount of light everywhere.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2014, 11:54 pm
Enthusiast

Think maybe you could post some directions on your install and how/what you did?

Thanks -- Bobby

Real Pretty Blue 09KGT
00 REX 1100
01 REX 1200
08 ZX14 Dark Blue Metallic

93 Supercharged Lytnin
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2014, 11:18 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

The harness itself is plug and play which is misleading. The install is labor intensive-my advice, if you're not very comfortable with wrenching on these things, let a shop or someone who is do it. With that said, I thought the worst part was messing with the BMW reusable clamps on the air stacks. These require a special set of pliers that remove and reinstall them. No, these aren't the same as those "permanent" crimp clamps. I managed to get the hang of them using long handled needle-nose pliers. But they were a b!#*&.

http://www.powercommander.com/downlo...eng937-411.pdf

I am now in the process of looking up custom maps. I may also just take it to the shop with a dyno and let them custom tune it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2014, 10:20 am
Noob

So, the PC for the S works just fine on the GT? Didn't see that on their website.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2014, 10:50 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler48
So, the PC for the S works just fine on the GT? Didn't see that on their website.

Yes, the S and R is the same and also used on the GT.
part # 937-411

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2014, 2:14 pm

Did you go with the PC-V and the auto tune?
if so I have a good map you can start with on your GT.
I worked on it for about 2 months stopped stalling issue that almost got me killed mulitple times and got all the bilps out of the throtle under 3500rpm. (2006 GT)
Unfortunatly just as I got her were I loved it she got written of in an accident. I have a 2008 now, Thank god ...so far this bike runs like a charm.
Kevin
Good luck with yours
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2014, 12:41 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

I have the PCIII (USB).
I had heard BMW worked out a large portion of the early fuel issues from 06, that's probably why you notice your 08 is a lot better. For starters I just used the map Power Commander had for a K&N filter and a pipe. I only have the filter but it seems like a good place to start. There is a noticeable BETTER difference in how mine behaves now. I wish I could find a good source of custom maps people put together.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 2014, 12:35 pm
Noob

hello, hows the mpg,

thx bill
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 2014, 4:50 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

I'm not quite sure yet. My dash says is saying the same as before but I changed the map mid tank. I did think the fuel light came on a little earlier than I'm used to. I finally just filled it with 6 gallons...so the gauge and miles til empty were correct. I will update ya after this tank.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2014, 8:24 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeaden
hello, hows the mpg,

thx bill
Just returned from a 900 mile weekend up to the mountains...
I barely see much difference. One mpg less using cruise on the highway (75ish). Probably a bit more in the twisties. It is SO nice to come off the highway and into the curves with no more surging/launching that felt like the bike wanted to go off the side of the mountain It's just smooooth power

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode