Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York, NY, USA
1. Do you have the full maintenance history, not the routine stuff, but whether the FD or ABS module, or air-box, or clutch assembly ever needed and received replacement?
2. You say the price asked reflects (somewhat), the high mileage. I hope it does, as you will not get a lot selling one with 92K miles.
3. If the price does reflect the mileage, then all I would do is set aside an emergency fund (like your own internally funded extended warranty), to help pay for any BMW-priced repairs, like a gazillion dollar final drive or ABS module or the clutch assembly.
4. KBB used value range is approx $6,000 to $9,000.
5. Good luck. If it were me I would buy a K13 as they seem to have worked out some of the baddies by then.
2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat
2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories
1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project